chasmmi

The Super Duper Official BOT Top Movie Songs Countdown!

2 hours ago, Free State of Tele said:

"Der alte Dessauer" from ENEMY BELOW will show up soon, right? RIGHT?!!

:( 

No more annoying foreign language arthouse musical theatre for you!!! I've already had to learn French for this list, don't make me learn German too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Baumer said:

I'm afraid people don't seem to realize there's a whole world of songs out there that have nothing to do with Disney

I realized it. It's just that I happen to love Disney songs so much, that I couldn't help but not put so many on my list. :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I realized it. It's just that I happen to love Disney songs so much, that I couldn't help but not put so many on my list. :)

i hope (and suspect) your list included a particular song from a particular Pixar movie

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Does  that include the sequels?

Eh unfortunately now, but now that I think about it, When She Loved Me would have been a  good choice for my list, but I'll admit, I made the list very quickly, so oh well.

44 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

btw, I'm auto-liking every entry on the list, as a tribute to @chasmmi for putting on such a good show. It doesn't mean I approve of the song(s) in question. :lol: 

Same. Most of these big community efforts deserve likes for the posts to reflect the big undertaking

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

:(

My list was written in a bit of a hurry, I'll admit. It wasn't that long, and I left off some songs, that I forget about. Sorry!

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

My list was written in a bit of a hurry, I'll admit. It wasn't that long, and I left off some songs, that I forget about. Sorry.

Nah its fine. I had it at numero uno so its guaranteed to show up

• Like 1

Terrific job so far Chas....

Everything I do should be higher, much higher, pretty sure that was me that had it in the top ten.  And you can blame Canada for that song and for the song everyone loves to hate from Titanic.  

I wish I would have included the Gladiator song now...no idea why i forgot that one.

• Like 2

The final song to not reach 30 points... 

122nd - 29 points (3 votes)

In Heaven - Eraserhead

Okay Xanadu, I apologise, all is forgiven because wtf in all that is holy was that?

I'm sorry I cannot add more to that but I need to move on people I just give up and begin sobbing in a corner somewhere.

• Like 6

121st - 30 points (2 votes)

Streets of Philadelphia - Philadelphia

The film that kicked off the era of Tom Hanks Oscar Domination (I think) and Springsteen gave us a film to match. Philadelphia kind of gets overshadowed by the Forrest Gumps and Saving Private Ryans of Hanks filmography but it shouldn't. It was a great and emotional film that deserved (and received) a great and emotional song.

• Like 5

A triple bill now...

=118th 30 points (2 votes, 1 top 10)

What's This - Nigthmare Before Christmas

Nightcall - Drive

Two Worlds - Tarzan

Oh Burton how we used to love you (even though as we all know this was not a Tim Burton film except, come on it clearly is :) ). Nevertheless its a jaunty little number from a film that gets a lot of worthy praise followed by a lot of bemusement from those who haven't seen it that maybe get confused as to what time of year this film is for. IS it a Halloween film or a Christmas film? Still a good song though.

Nightcall is an opening credit song to a film I never got to see so I can't make too much comment on that one. Which leads us to Tarzan: the first film to appear twice on this list (Spoilers: it will only appear twice). I'm personally surprised that this beat out You'll be in my heart for Tarzan's number one and although I like both songs, I must say I am a little surprised by the (admittedly lower reaches of the chart) love that Tarzan received in this vote.  (For the record Son of Man ended in 152nd place and strangers like me was 178th).

• Like 8