kayumanggi

DESPICABLE ME III | 770.2 M overseas ● 1034.8 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

If China goes completely crazy, is 1 Billion worldwide still possible? If it does 200m in China and 230m DOM, it needs 580m from other overseas markets. Certainly tough, but not impossible IMO.

200m is not happening in China at all.

160-170m is best case scenario

DOM could go higher though. A lot higher.

So yeah, I guess it is kinda possible.

Screendaily:  The animation stands at more than $306.8m worldwide when the China number is added to the $286.8m worldwide haul through Thursday night, of which $191.6m now comes from international and the $115.2m balance from North America. 

The performance of Despicable Me 3 means Illumination films have generated more than $5bn worldwide.

If DM3 does 150+ in China, 700+ OS is looking good?

Dom is looking at 230+ imo (34 2nd weekend will leave it only 81 away from 230).

So even 240 is on the table Dom.

710-720 OS + 230-240 Dom = 940-960 WW.

Would make it a safe bet for #1 global summer crown.

32 minutes ago, a2knet said:

If DM3 does 150+ in China, 700+ OS is looking good?

Dom is looking at 230+ imo (34 2nd weekend will leave it only 81 away from 230).

So even 240 is on the table Dom.

710-720 OS + 230-240 Dom = 940-960 WW.

Would make it a safe bet for #1 global summer crown.

And it would mean that it'll make nearly as much OS as BatB, which is mighty impressive IMO.

Illumination’s Despicable Me 3 is number one at the international box office after $139m in 60 territories raised the international total to $298.4m, Universal sources said on Sunday morning.

Including $149.2m from North America, the worldwide total is $447.6m. The animation has now debuted at number one in 56 markets after opening at number one in seven territories this weekend.

China debuted at number one on $66m (RmB 453m) and has set the record for the biggest opening weekend for an animation feature after Friday’s $20.1m (RMB 136.9M) delivered the biggest opening day for an animated release in China. The weekend also established a record for the biggest animated IMAX opening weekend ever in China on $4m.

The animation voiced by Steve Carell and Kristen Wiig debuted in France on $9.1m for first place and the second biggest Illumination opening weekend ever behind Minions, while Germany produced $8.5m at number one for Illumination’s second best opening weekend behind Minions in that market.  

Belgium, Switzerland and Austria each delivered number one debuts on $1.4m, $1.1m and $973,000, respectively. Meanwhile, Iceland and Trinidad generated number one hauls on $112,000 and $94,000 respectively.

Despicable Me 3 held at number one in Portugal on $1.5m during its second weekend ahead of Spider-Man: Homecoming’s opening. The UK held at number two on $7.1m for $25.7m, while Mexico added $6.1m for $24.5m.Thanks to school holidays, Australia held at number two in week four on $3.5m for $18.4m, up 33% over last weekend.   

When compared to animated films in the same span of time and same markets at today’s exchange rates, Despicable Me 3 is ahead of Minions, The Secret Life Of Pets, Finding Dory, Despicable Me 2, Zootopia, Frozen, Ice Age 4, and Toy Story 3.

There are seven more territories to release over the next two months, including Indonesia this week.

• Like 3