baumer

Wed #s RTH (10.3 Dory -30%| IDR 3.4 -32%)

Got a text from RTH.....asked me to have to some fun with it and make it a bit challenging....but not too challenging....so here you go.

Finding Dory:

42fe81c49d7d33182504519365c10da0.jpg

IDR:

4991-431Bk.jpg

• Like 5

I won't keep the charade going too long....i'm not as good at this as RTH...but he did say to make it not too too challenging..and we all know Wednesday patterns....so ....

• Like 4

Love Travolta in that movie. So bad yet so funny. What's doing John Woo now? Its been ages since his last american movie. Face Off is still one of the greatest actioners of the 90s and i have to admit M:I-2 is a guilty pleasure.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, picores said:

Love Travolta in that movie. So bad yet so funny. What's doing John Woo now? Its been ages since his last american movie. Face Off is still one of the greatest actioners of the 90s and i have to admit M:I-2 is a guilty pleasure.

He's making films in Hong Kong again due to his frustrations with Hollywood.

Solid enough Wednesday hold for Dory. With a 5-7% drop today, it would do $9.6 million-$9.8 million. Despite 3 new releases, I don't see any of them being large enough in previews to seriously hurt Dory (over 10% drop on Thurs). All three will likely combine for $5 million in Thurs previews ($2.5 million for Purge 3, $1.5 million for Tarzan, $1 million for BFG) - roughly half of Dory's likely total for Thurs. 

$13 million (+30-32%) 

$16 million (+23-25%) 

$14.5 million (-10%) 

$9 million (-40%) 

$43.5 million 3-day/$52.5 million 4-day. 

That's a solid enough 3rd weekend (also probably close to the ceiling for its 3-day/4-day). And based on TS3/IO against DM/Minions, Dory should have a sub-50% drop against Pets (low-mid 40s drop most likely scenario), so $475 million+ DOM is looking more and more likely with its strong weekdays. 

ID42 on the way down, down, down.

$3.1 million (-10%) 

$3.8 million (+22-24%) 

$4.7 million (+28-30%) 

$4 million (-13-15%) 

$2.8 million (-30%) 

$12.5 million 3-day/$15.3 million 4-day ($68 million 11-day total). 

$80-85 million DOM is its likely finish. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1

So I made a deal with RTH...he gives me the numbers early this morning, I buy drinks next time he's in Toronto. 

So beer and martinis are on me if he is here for TIFF this year.

The number he sent for Dory is 10.3 and IDR is 3.4....down about 30 and 32% respectively.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Awesome. I aced it.

Yep, you nailed it.  I thought maybe the IDR one might be a bit more challenging, but nope, you got it. :)