Jump to content
CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, 75Live said:

 

i know right,  

 

Wayne-s-World-mike-myers-36994972-245-16

 

:P 

literally there are people here who would watch that scene and think "wow what cynical gross product placement, luckily i, a smartboy viewer noticed their subliminal fiendish capitalism"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

can we stop the whining about "product placement"? jesus it's dumb. especially in this, if they were using the mad magazine version of the site names everyone knows what they're talking about anyway who cares.

WIR2 wouldn't be the first film to use product placement in an animated movie, Madagascar 3 had a terrible PP for HP and even Oliver and Company 30 years ago had real companies on billboards but that made sense since the film was set in the then present New York

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

someone hasn't seen the movie

I've tried to see it. It's like watching Minions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

literally there are people here who would watch that scene and think "wow what cynical gross product placement, luckily i, a smartboy viewer noticed their subliminal fiendish capitalism"

 

18906150-a21b-0131-85b2-02180bb3f1c7.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

 

18906150-a21b-0131-85b2-02180bb3f1c7.png

some of the dumbest reviews of all time were written about this movie. people get really triggered by seeing irl brands in movies. yeah they really were trying to pull one over on you with that mcdonalds shower curtain. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's just jarring to see it all in your face like this. I thought the Nesquik and Subway in the first movie were already pushing it and this feels like overkill.

 

Also, the thing with animated movies is any product placement takes hours of effort to design and render. It's an innately much more calculated process than just having a live actor take a swig from a Coke bottle. It's hard to take a movie seriously as a work of art when its corporate sponsors are so obviously front and center.

 

I will be pleasantly surprised if the movie does actually take shots at some of these brands, but the way I see it right now they stifle the movie's creative freedom with its premise.

 

 

Edited by tribefan695

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Royce said:

The DP scene was nice

Didn't see the DP scene coming. :redcapes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I like the trailer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you own stock in a corporation or have some sort of vested interest in the well being of said corporation then MAYBE I can understand the stanning and I don't mean just Disney but all corporations..  

 

Otherwise,  it's just sad.  We all have favorites but heated arguments over shit you aren't making money from..    just no.  

 

To tie this back to Wreck-It Ralph.  I loved the first one but the money shots didn't do much for me here.  I need to see more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

It's just jarring to see it all in your face like this. I thought the Nesquik and Subway in the first movie were already pushing it and this feels like overkill.

 

Also, the thing with animated movies is any product placement takes hours of effort to design and render. It's an innately much more calculated process than just having a live actor take a swig from a Coke bottle. It's hard to take a movie seriously as a work of art when its corporate sponsors are so obviously front and center.

 

I will be pleasantly surprised if the movie does actually take shots at some of these brands, but the way I see it right now they stifle the movie's creative freedom with its premise.

 

 

Seems unlikely that they would be able to take a swipe at a brand because they would have to get the brands permission to even use its image in the movie in the first place and they are unlikely to get permission if its going to be shown in a bad light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fastclock said:

I still do not get why people like Lego Movie. First, it's product placement whoring - and I still think it's obscene to do that. The second thing, of all the beautiful animation you can make, why do you make it look like blocky legos? Why? Why?

.........because it's a good movie with a good story, lovable characters, beautiful animation and hilarious humor? Mayyyyyybe that's why people like it, and mayyyyyyyyyyybe that's why The Emoji Movie, which has NONE of those things (except maybe the animation, which is still nowhere near as good as Lego's) and is every bit the "Look Johnny, IT'S FACEBOOK!" kind of soulless ad for phone apps people say it is, gets a bad rep?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

.........because it's a good movie with a good story, lovable characters, beautiful animation and hilarious humor? Mayyyyyybe that's why people like it, and mayyyyyyyyyyybe that's why The Emoji Movie, which has NONE of those things (except maybe the animation, which is still nowhere near as good as Lego's) and is every bit the "Look Johnny, IT'S FACEBOOK!" kind of soulless ad for phone apps people say it is, gets a bad rep?

 

Emoji Movie had a 3,51 multiplier. Clearly it was loved by audiences alike.

 

Im just kidding. I still dont know how the hell that pile of garbage managed to do that. People payed to see it, my god.

 

Also, completely agree with the Lego movie. Its one of the best animated movies of the 2010s so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

 

Emoji Movie had a 3,51 multiplier. Clearly it was loved by audiences alike.

 

Im just kidding. I still dont know how the hell that pile of garbage managed to do that. People payed to see it, my god.

 

Also, completely agree with the Lego movie. Its one of the best animated movies of the 2010s so far.

The Emoji Movie had huge potential. If it was at least decent (a 60-70% on RT) it would have broken out big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

 

Emoji Movie had a 3,51 multiplier. Clearly it was loved by audiences alike.

 

Im just kidding. I still dont know how the hell that pile of garbage managed to do that. People payed to see it, my god.

 

Also, completely agree with the Lego movie. Its one of the best animated movies of the 2010s so far.

Because it had no competition. Plain and simple. It came out in late July last year; the only other family movie to come out for the entirety of August and early September was Leap, and Leap had a wide opening of like 4-5M or whatever it was. Still had a better multiplier than Emoji (it crossed a 4x, believe it or not), which is kinda hilarious. No other family-skewing film opened until Ninjago, which was also a pile of poop from what I've heard from people.

 

And we kinda don't talk about this, but that drought in family openers is part of the reason why Spider-Man: Homecoming's multiplier (speaking of Sony) was as good as it was too :ph34r: Although Homecoming did have some busy mid July weekends to deal with, and it still outlegged Suicide Squad which had far less competition, so obviously wom was a key factor as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obligatory "The Lego Movie was robbed of an Oscar Nomination" Comment...which it was btw

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Obligatory "The Lego Movie was robbed of an Oscar Nomination" Comment...which it was btw

So was Lego Batman :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The princess bit was funnier than I thought it would be. It's really going to sell this movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josie and the Pussycats still did product placement (or commentary on it) better than anyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Josie and the Pussycats still did product placement (or commentary on it) better than anyone else. 

apparently Puma was the only company that paid to be in the movie the rest were just jokes, but that didn't stop people getting mad about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone one else watch the trailer and forget that it was WiR2 and the Emoji Movie 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.