CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

The whole thing feeling uber corporate is off-putting. What's so dumb about that? I don't like to be reminded that these things stopped being movies to become full-blown ads, thank you very much.

And none of it is actually funny, so that's another major turn off as well. The Princess bit is the Shrek The Third bit with a 2018 twist. "Oh look, aren't these ancient characters fucked up LOL!"

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

can we stop the whining about "product placement"? jesus it's dumb. especially in this, if they were using the mad magazine version of the site names everyone knows what they're talking about anyway who cares.

I never get the product placement debate.  Like we’re supposed to pretend brands don’t exist and it’s an unrealistic cash grab to incorporate them (because nobody irl ever talks about them or uses them).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

I never get the product placement debate.  Like we’re supposed to pretend brands don’t exist and it’s an unrealistic cash grab to incorporate them (because nobody irl ever talks about them or uses them).

That wasn't what I said

1 minute ago, Pandamia! said:

Was I responding to what you said?

Is anyone saying they shouldn't exist at all? It's just too much here. They're too glossy and distracting. You can justify it as a logical design of corporate cyberspace but it's still grating to have the focus be on when you're trying to be engaged in a narrative work.

sure but those brands are gonna be there in a movie about the internet. and doing fake names is more distracting if anything because your brains doing the tiny bit of extra work figuring out what irl company that's supposed to be.

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

sure but those brands are gonna be there in a movie about the internet. and doing fake names is more distracting if anything because your brains doing the tiny bit of extra work figuring out what irl company that's supposed to be.

Awful lot of unnecessary work too when you have the ability to use the real thing. They can devote that "creativity" to the characters and story instead. 

7 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

The internet is eating that princess scene up.  That’ll sell the movie really well 

'bunny gets the pancake' in the teaser and princess in this trailer they have knocked it out of the park. last year used to think i2 and grinch wil fight for #1 animation dom but right now feels like i2 > wir2 > grinch.

Edited by A2k Rex
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yep, this should go 300+ so long as it's good. Won't be surprised if it's the only holiday movie to do it besides MPR. 

moana did a hair above 3x it's 5-day ow and coco did a bit below 2.9x. both were non-sequels so will take wir2 something to match their multipliers. coco had bad late legs though. first showed a drop against ferdinand which was understandable but then jumanji become the first choince for families. maona faced sing but recovered better than coco did.

can see 110 5-day for wir2 (beating frozen's 94 5-day), ~2.7x multi and 300 dom.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A2k Rex said:

moana did a hair above 3x it's 5-day ow and coco did a bit below 2.9x. both were non-sequels so will take wir2 something to match their multipliers. coco had bad late legs though. first showed a drop against ferdinand which was understandable but then jumanji become the first choince for families. maona faced sing but recovered better than coco did.

can see 110 5-day for wir2 (beating frozen's 94 5-day), ~2.7x multi and 300 dom.

That’s a big increase for the 5 day, especially since the OW for Ralph 1 was $48M.

• Like 1