Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

Lol @ 10CL having a legit shot at Oscar noms. 

I guess you didn't read the article from Variety published earlier this week where Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a leading candidate for a best actress nomination at the Oscars for her role in 10CL. Sometimes its good to be informed and not just LOL at what everyone is saying. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

http://deadline.com/2016/07/weekend-box-office-purge-election-year-the-bfg-the-legend-of-tarzan-1201782189/

The Purge: Election Year is killing it with a No. 2 estimated weekend take of $27.5M over three days and $31.5M over four days at 2,796 runs. Today alone, the Purge sequel will gross $12M inclusive of its $3.64M Thursday night money

Disney/Walden Media’s Steven Spielberg movie The BFG and Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s The Legend of Tarzan are wrestling for third. At 3,357 theaters,  BFG is looking at an estimated $8M today, Friday-Sunday take of $23M and a four-day of $28M. Tarzan at 3,561 is on track to make $8.5M today, $23M over Friday-Sunday and $27.5M by Monday.

Disney/Pixar’s Finding Dory is ruling No. 1 with an estimated $42M three-day and $52M four-day at 4,305.

Has this been updated? If so thats a terrible number for Tarzan. And that Purge number still seems way too low. Its like Deadline didn't even bother. No surprise there. 

• Like 1

Has this been updated? If so thats a terrible number for Tarzan. And that Purge number still seems way too low. Its like Deadline didn't even bother. No surprise there.

Deadline newest's update say Purge has estimated four-day of $37.2M

Edited by Mojoguy

http://deadline.com/2016/07/weekend-box-office-purge-election-year-the-bfg-the-legend-of-tarzan-1201782189/

3RD UPDATE, Friday 11:13PM: Refresh for chart. Given how unconventional times during the year such as Valentine’s Day, Easter and April have proved to be lucrative tentpole launch dates with titles such as Deadpool, Batman v. Superman and The Jungle Book, it’s a wonder whether the Independence Day and Memorial Day weekends even matter anymore.

We have a similar situation this year with another Pixar film, Finding Dorytaking the top spot with an estimated four-day of $57.9M and three-day of $47.2M –the best third weekend for an animated film—flying above two, very expensive antiquated properties, Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s CGI-infused, live action adaptation of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ early 20th century lit series Tarzan of the Apes and Disney/Walden Media’s Steven Spielberg adaptation of Roald Dahl’s The BFG.

While we saw The Purge: Election Year beating both earlier today, The Legend of Tarzan is stronger than we thought tonight with a $13.2M Friday and four-day of $42.6M. But still that’s not enough stateside to swing the $180M production into the black. Contributing to Tarzan’s improved ticket sales is the A- CinemaScore it received from moviegoers, a relief to its 33% Rotten Tomatoes score among critics.

In third, there’s Uni/Blumhouse/Platinum Dunes’ The Purge: Election Year –the youngest of all the wide entry July 4th brands, and the one that will clear breakeven the fastest with an estimated four-day of $37.2M off a $10M production cost. P&A for Purge: Election Year was largely relegated to digital with a low TV ad spend per iSpot TV of $12.3M. Purge: Election Year earned the best CinemaScore in the series, a B+, which is like having an A when you’re a horror film.

Election Year is pegging ahead of The BFG which, though also embraced by audiences tonight with an A- CinemaScore, is bound to arrive outside of its $30M forecast with a Friday-Monday take of $24.75M. Out of this weekend’s major studio titles, critics like BFG the most with a 72% fresh Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

I guess you didn't read the article from Variety published earlier this week where Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a leading candidate for a best actress nomination at the Oscars for her role in 10CL. Sometimes its good to be informed and not just LOL at what everyone is saying. 

I read it. MEW will not receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination for 10CL. 

• Like 1

Just now, La Binoche said:

I read it. MEW will not receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination for 10CL. 

I will keep my fingers crossed because it would be a well deserved oscar nomination. 

16 minutes ago, Nova said:

There's no chance in hell MEW gets anywhere close to an Oscar nomination. I don't care who writes it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Free State of Tele said:

There's no chance in hell MEW gets anywhere close to an Oscar nomination. I don't care who writes it. 

I doubt she gets the nomination but she'll probably deserve it more than at least one of the other actresses chosen.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Free State of Tele said:

DHD didn't even give Friday numbers for PURGE or BFG. I'll take their weekend #s for those two with a huge grain of salt. 

I'll take their weekend numbers period with a huge grain of salt. 

• Like 1

That isn't bad for Tarzan. I know when you look at the budget things look glum, but still: little buzz, poor reviews, a full marketplace, marketing that peaked with the first trailer...

What the fuck are they smoking again. I take it that's supposed to be 13.4m for Dory. 

1).Finding Dory (DIS), 4,305 theaters / $23.4M Fri. (-57%)/ 3-day cume: $47.2M (-35%)/4-day: $57.9M/Total cume:$388.2/Wk 3

2). The Legend of Tarzan (WB), 4,068 theaters / $13.2M Fri. (includes $2.65M previews) / 3-day cume: $35.9M/4-day: $42.6M/Wk 1

3). The Purge: Election Day (UNI), 2,796 theaters / $13.4M Fri. (includes $3.65M previews) / 3-day cume: $32.2M/4-day: $37.2M/Wk 1

4). The BFG (DIS), 3,357 theaters / $7.2M Fri. (includes previews) / 3-day cume: $20.5M/4-day: $24.8M/Wk 1

Edited by La Binoche