Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He's just a temporary distraction. We're all waiting for Lesbian Swift to introduce herself to the world, it's only a matter of time.

I want her to destroy Kanye West first, I don't even understand why the guy is so obsessed with her lol

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I want her to destroy Kanye West first, I don't even understand why the guy is so obsessed with her lol

Kanye West is just on the verge of destroying himself. His obsession with her is his down fall. She doesn't have to do anything, really. 

28 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He's just a temporary distraction. We're all waiting for Lesbian Swift to introduce herself to the world, it's only a matter of time.

Her and Cara Delavigne. Please universe, make it happen.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChiSoxRox said:

Her and Cara Delavigne. Please universe, make it happen.

No. We don't need the giraffe all up on Cara. It's bad enough she's got Loki running around the beach looking like a damn fool. 

3 hours ago, Free State of Tele said:

Top 10 Opening Weekends of 1991:

1. T2 - 31.7m (52.3m 5-day)

2. Robin Hood - 25.6m

3. Addams Family - 24.2m

4. Naked Gun 2½ - 20.8m

5. TMNT II - 20m

6. Star Trek VI - 18.1m

7. Sleeping with the Enemy - 13.8m

8. Silence of the Lambs - 13.7m

9. Hook - 13.5m

10. City Slickers - 13m

That 5 day number was the bomb of that era. Outside Batman, few movies opened that huge and nowadays that range is considered a failure for a movie like IDR.

Disappointments nowadays opened in the 20s range. Robin Hood with its incredible leg went on to gross $160M+. NYSM2, Alice 2, Warcraft, Allegiant, Neighbours 2 could barely

manage to do $80M. Studios want a bigger chunk of the theatrical gross, bet on BluRay, cable, PPV

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

When do you think Dory will reach $400m? Tuesday?

~9m on Monday I think for ~390m. Tuesday will show a slight decrease despite being discounted due to strong Monday. So Wednesday it will cross 400m.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Free State of Tele said:

It's fun to look at the release schedule from old summers.

25 years ago on the Fourth of July weekend: T2 opened, along with another sequel, PROBLEM CHILD 2. The top grosser of the year (to date) was SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, still pulling in almost 500k for the weekend, in its 21st week of release. ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES was about to cross 100m -- it reached $97m after this weekend. CITY SLICKERS was still going strong, and BACKDRAFT (which had opened over the Memorial Day weekend -- the start of the summer, back then) was still solid as well.

The rest of the top ten for the year was WHAT ABOUT BOB?, NAKED GUN 2½, THELMA AND LOUISE, THE ROCKETEER, and SOAPDISH.

Next week, three more major releases (BOYZ N THE HOOD, POINT BREAK, and REGARDING HENRY) along with a major re-release of 101 DALMATIANS.

I wasn't even born back then, and even then I'm still amazed at the box office at times. Man, do I wish I was around in 1991 - 1994, just to see how historical it was. At least I got to see Toy Story in 1995, even if I was barely thinking then.

• Like 2