Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

~9m on Monday I think for ~390m. Tuesday will show a slight decrease despite being discounted due to strong Monday. So Wednesday it will cross 400m.

At least it's sure to beat Frozen this week.

That's weird because Frozen seemed to be a much bigger phenomenon back, you could feel the hype but not for Dory...

59 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

At least it's sure to beat Frozen this week.

That's weird because Frozen seemed to be a much bigger phenomenon back, you could feel the hype but not for Dory...

Yeah. Feels like that cause Frozen had insane legs even for Nov-Dec and beat expectations by a record margin.

It was expected to do 200m like Tangled and ended up with 400m beating expectations by 100%.

Dory even on the low end was expected to do 350m and it will beat that by 50% (assuming 525m dom)

Looking at legs, Frozen made 94m over 1st 5 days. Dory made 178m.

So Frozen's multiplier off the 5-day is 4.26x!

In comparison, if Dory does 525m it's multiplier off the 5-day will be 2.94x.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 5

So BFG will be ~18.5m with actuals. 21.5m 4-day maybe.

Will need to do 3.5x of the 3-day (3x of the 4-day) to cross 65m dom.

Mid-50s run probably, owing to summer weekdays.

Could end up behind Dory's OD of 54.75m.

Edited by a2knet

19 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Following the BO before the Internet must've been a boring and solitary experience :jeb!:

I mean we just read it in the Monday paper and then didn't think about it for another week.

• Like 7

I first started following the bo Monday to Monday when Yahoo Movies estimates came out. They didn't have daily data I think or I was not aware of it. But it was a bit confusing at first just looking at weekends. Fellowship of the Ring's run was the first one which got me interested in BO patterns cause I was comparing it with HP1 and it got close to overtaking it with great legs.

• Like 1

I remember first following box office around the time Da Vinci Code and X-Men: The Last Stand came out. One of the Swedish film sites (Moviezine I think) linked to Mojo during every weekend box office report.

Would have been fun to follow the box office in 2004. Some truly insane runs like Passion, Shrek 2, Fockers etc.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Following the BO before the Internet must've been a boring and solitary experience :jeb!:

I tuned in to radio or TV news after 6pm on Tues to get the BO office updates back in the 70s and 80s. Solitary? Yup, I didn't think anyone else followed until I found Mojo.

• Like 7

I began following BO in 1995 while reading the monthly reports in an Spanish magazine, Imagenes de actualidad.

I discovered Internet sites in 1997 (cinema1.com had daily updates; imdb had weekend numbers and All time grosses, guru had analysis. I was trully engaged to BO after Titanic gorgeous run.

• Like 3

Started to follow in fall 2009 with avatar in Box office mojo watching everyday i was astonished..... then pause a litlle then in early 2012 i wrote Box office on Google and here we go this amazing site.

Don't post very often but reading every DAYS to keep my english good :)

Thx all dudes you're amazing:)

a little dumb up with Lordmandeep i loved his comments on JW week end :)

• Like 6

I don't even know how I got my box office news before the Internet. Variety or sure and other magazines like Premiere but nothing really on a week to week basis.

• Like 5

Actually think I discovered BOM exactly 10 years ago, I'm pretty sure it was right around when Superman Returns opened and then DMC killed all the records. Though I had first started following the numbers on IMDb and Comingsoon more than a year earlier when ROTS came out.

• Like 5