Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

One of the better box office stories I've ever followed was when My Best Friend's Wedding opened with half of what Batman & Robin did on the same weekend and outgrossed it by a solid $20M in the end. I mean, really, if that's not embarrassing for the latter movie, I don't know what is.

Edited by filmlover

Before Titanic I would only pay attention to numbers from the bigger releases, like Batman 89 and JP. I was aware of how well those movies did but wasn't fervently following their runs. 

Through most of the 80s I never had any idea how well movies did and I didn't really care lol. I was too worried about just going to the movies. I didn't pay much attention to how they were doing. 

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Do you think I remember? :sadben: 

I remember being a super stanner for PoP and totally being a bro with THE SHAY, and totally believing it would reach 100M and getting a sequel, so that is the embarrassing moment from 2010 that led to a 2 month hiatus. :sadben: 

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

Omg, I was a stan for PoP back in the day too, lol

1 hour ago, Free State of Tele said:

I'm never gonna let you guys live this down. :lol: 

tumblr_m8tarzuwZR1qeiocm.gif

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

I joined the forums later that year, I think. I was so bad the first few months I stopped posting for like 6 months+ and when I returned I changed my name/image and took a completely different style in posting, in this way people wouldn't recognize me :sadben: I think I only returned in early 2008. I didn't post much for the next 2 years. Earlier in the 2010 Summer I stanned for a certain movie and was so embarrassing I went on another hiatus, this time just 2 months, returning with a new identity/name again :sadben:I returned in time for GOD NOLAN INCEPTION. I was still better than Ethan, tho :jeb!: 

Why does none of this shock me lol.

• Like 2

I started to follow the box office in 2008 on a French website, for no specific movie I was just curious because that's who I am. So how did I end up coming on these forums in 2012?

The members of the French site, as on many French sites, were gloomy, tired of everything, pessimistic, always complaining, a lack of respect..I couldn't bear it, I needed to speak with people that are funnier, more passionate, I was searching for a mainly US website because I wanted to find this legendary American optimism..That's why I decided to come here, I loved it and wanted to stay, to participate. I love you guys :lol:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Dory joins TS1 and TS2 as the only Pixars to spend at least 3 weeks at #1. 

That inspired me to look up some other animated features. I didn't realize that Frozen was #1 for only two weekends, but they were its 2nd and 6th weekends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

That inspired me to look up some other animated features. I didn't realize that Frozen was #1 for only two weekends, but they were its 2nd and 6th weekends.

I could be missing one, but I don't believe an animated movie has ever done this in the summer. Even TLK and Shrek 2 only managed two weekends atop. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I could be missing one, but I don't believe an animated movie has ever done this in the summer. Even TLK and Shrek 2 only managed two weekends atop. 

The Lego Movie and Zootopia threepeated in Winter and Spring, respectively.