FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s: Dory - $8.3M, Tarzan - $6M, Purge - $4.4M, BFG - $3.5M

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

Tarzan with $6m, I'll take it. Monday was indeed inflated. What will those Friday bumps look like i wonder?? May have to see how Wed looks first though.  Could Wed be less deflated than normal?

Looking at 2011, expect Wed drops to be soft but Friday bumps muted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K1stpierre said:

Do you know what the number was? I'll put it in the title

No. I'm an idiot. I was reading the boxofficemojo Monday numbers and the multiple Tuesday number threads and got confused in absorbing too much data at once. I'll edit my prior post.

Wednesday Drops should  be in the normal -30% range. The Tuesday totals are right where they should be for normal Sunday/Monday drops followed by big "cheap" Tuesday increases. To expect otherwise is to ignore the data from the last couple of years. If you look at the last couple of times the 4th fell on a Monday you will notice the shift in drop / increase patterns particularly from 2011 onward.

That being said - its a decent number for Dory and the rest of the films.

• Like 1

So after 19 days, Dory is still out-legging TS3 and IO.

19-day cume/OW=multi.

Dory: $390.09M/$135.06M=2.89x

IO: $257.29M/$90.44M=2.84x

TS3: $307.82M/$110.31M=2.79x

TS3 legs (1.35x 19-day) brings Dory to a $525.91M total. IO legs (1.39x) brings it to a $540.45M total. With Dory taking a hit from Pets this weekend, it'll probably start trailing IO's legs and maybe TS3's, too. With that said it should probably still clear $500M DOM ($505M-$515M).

• Like 7

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Quick OT... If I recall you're big on the Disney live action adaptations of the classic WDAS stuff. Thinking Beauty and the Beast will be biggest yet DOM? I sure do.

If it weren't for SW8 being released next year, I'd have done a similar club for it like I did Dory, making a club for it to be the number 1 DOM movie next year. I think it'll do 400M DOM, and if it's great it could push close to 500M. It's one of the biggest most classic Disney tales of all time. If JB can do 350M, the roof's high for Beauty.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Quick OT... If I recall you're big on the Disney live action adaptations of the classic WDAS stuff. Thinking Beauty and the Beast will be biggest yet DOM? I sure do.

Should do it easily as long as its good

10 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

If it weren't for SW8 being released next year, I'd have done a similar club for it like I did Dory, making a club for it to be the number 1 DOM movie next year. I think it'll do 400M DOM, and if it's great it could push close to 500M. It's one of the biggest most classic Disney tales of all time. If JB can do 350M, the roof's high for Beauty.

Yup. Thinking $450M+ DOM unless it's just plain bad. Which... It won't be.