kayumanggi

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING | 546.0 M overseas ● 880.2 M worldwide

barring some catch-up legs over the next month (and that's not remotely out of the question), we're looking at an identical multiplier to Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($202 million/$91m) and Spider-Man 3 ($336m/$151m). That will lead to a domestic total almost identical to the $262m cume of The Amazing Spider-Man (from a $137m Tues-Sun debut) back in 2012. 

Mendelson thinks SMH will do only $262M domestic. What a moron. :insane:

• Like 4

Just now, XO21 said:

He's using multis from May so...

I remember this idiot writing a laughable article on The Force Awakens prior to release.

Either, he doesn't know much about box office or he is deliberately trying to play down SMH.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Mendelson thinks SMH will do only $262M domestic. What a moron. :insane:

I don't know how some of these "experts" keeps their day job some times

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jb007 said:

+1

If this dude is an "Expert" on Box Office, most people on BOT would qualify as a "genius" ;)

I agree. I laughed so hard a few days ago when BOM predicted 57 mill+ for Homecoming this weekend :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I agree. I laughed so hard a few days ago when BOM predicted 57 mill+ for Homecoming this weekend :lol:

BOM just looked at the opening weekend number and said "a 55% drop sounds good". Because there's no way anyone could look at that sub $10M Wednesday, look at typical increases in mid July for holdovers, and conclude that $57M was likely. I think it would have required a Thursday drop around 5%, a Friday bump around 70% and a Sat bump around 40% (plus the standard 22% Sun drop). 

25 minutes ago, kswiston said:

BOM just looked at the opening weekend number and said "a 55% drop sounds good". Because there's no way anyone could look at that sub $10M Wednesday, look at typical increases in mid July for holdovers, and conclude that $57M was likely. I think it would have required a Thursday drop around 5%, a Friday bump around 70% and a Sat bump around 40% (plus the standard 22% Sun drop). 

They actully wrote that a drop no bigger than 50% was to be expected....

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

For me: $850M is the max for this film in this moment 

I would think $800M+ is very good for this movie. It is the 2nd reboot in 5 years and 6th Spiderman movie in 15 years. If the Garfield reboot had not taken place, SMH would have been in a way better position. The 2 ASM movies and a sub par SM 3 reduced the viability of Spiderman.

On the other hand, SMH is off to an excellent start, so the sequel will have a bright future prospect.

• Like 5

Elsewhere, Spidey was hanging out in 63 overseas markets, adding $72.3Mto bring the offshore cume to $261.1M. The Sony/Marvel superhero reboot has snared Korea in its web with the local cume now $42.2M, to make it the biggest franchise entry ever and the market’s top U.S. release of the year.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jb007 said:

I would think $800M+ is very good for this movie. It is the 2nd reboot in 5 years and 6th Spiderman movie in 15 years. If the Garfield reboot had not taken place, SMH would have been in a way better position. The 2 ASM movies and a sub par SM 3 reduced the viability of Spiderman.

On the other hand, SMH is off to an excellent start, so the sequel will have a bright future prospect.

Given what the Amazing films would look like with 2017 exchange rates, this is definitely a healthy bounceback, even if box office enthusiasts continue yo overpredict MCU films. 

• Like 2