grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also, Café Society is blowing up at the locations showing it. It should at least avoid the poor fates of Allen's Emma Stone collaborations as it expands.

Queen Blake and her power. Jk jk. She's in the movie for like twenty minutes but I'm not shocked. The love triangle between Lex Luther, Bella Swan and Carol Ferris must be out of this world.

Okay on a serious note, it has an ensemble cast and got pretty good reviews. Nothing great or out of the ordinary but decent enough for those who like Woody Allen films to be interested to go out and see it. 

10 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So roughly around 45-50M for the 3 day, then pretty much fall off the planet and we move on to JASON BOURNE, right?? :popcorn:

So we are going to ignore Star Trek coming out next weekend? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Queen Blake and her power. Jk jk. She's in the movie for like twenty minutes but I'm not shocked. The love triangle between Lex Luther, Bella Swan and Carol Ferris must be out of this world.

Okay on a serious note, it has an ensemble cast and got pretty good reviews. Nothing great or out of the ordinary but decent enough for those who like Woody Allen films to be interested to go out and see it. 

I'm curious how much screentime Parker Posey has considering she hasn't done anything noteworthy in a while. 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

@Nova

To be fair, when does Kristen Stewart not look like a mess at public events? Remember that dress that was too big for her at the Oscars a few year ago? Yikes.

I mean I thought this was a mess on another level. It literally looked like she was walking out of a Renaissance fair. Like if a designer tried to dress me in that I'd be like FUCK YOU. It was something else. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also, Café Society is blowing up at the locations showing it. It should at least avoid the poor fates of Allen's Emma Stone collaborations as it expands.

I imagine Amazon and Lionsgate aren't expecting it to make much money domestically, it's more so it can be eligible for awards. 

Just now, Rman823 said:

I'm curious how much screentime Parker Posey has considering she hasn't done anything noteworthy in a while. 

I hear she has decent screen time. From the reviews it's clear Jesse is the lead, followed by Stewart. The rest of the cast is anywhere from 10-20 minutes. The movie is only 90 minutes so anything in that range id say is decent screen time. Although I feel like Steve Carrel doesn't have a big role because he has done absolutely nothing to promote it nor was he at any of the premieres. 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine Amazon and Lionsgate aren't expecting it to make much money domestically, it's more so it can be eligible for awards. 

It's a good Woody Allen (apparently), which is typically rewarded with solid box office receipts. Compare the grosses of Midnight in Paris and Blue Jasmine to everything else he's done this decade (You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, To Rome with Love, Magic in the Moonlight, Irrational Man).