grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

March 25th was a long time ago. I think we can let the BvS stuff go.  $872M WW means it at worst broke even at the box office and it will turn a nice profit from everything else. This idea that it's one of the biggest bombs we've seen (or even a bomb period) is utterly ridiculous lol

10 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

March 25th was a long time ago. I think we can let the BvS stuff go.  $872M WW means it at worst broke even at the box office and it will turn a nice profit from everything else. This idea that it's one of the biggest bombs we've seen (or even a bomb period) is utterly ridiculous lol

Who said it was one of the biggest bombs we've ever seen? Actually who said it was even a bomb right now? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh people need to stop pretending $46m isn't good for Ghostbusters.

This could have easily went the way of Fantastic Four.

Hoping for at least a $5m Monday. 

How could it have gone the F4 way?

It's not like Fieg gave the "I had a dream" speech like Trank did before the release.

Or they cut out the 3rd act and replaced it with end credits.

GB seems to be a well received film by audience and critics.

Edited by a2knet

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I thought GHOSTBUSTERS was fantastic. One of the best studio summer movies in the last couple of years.

What about Mad Max?  Or Inside Out? Or, most importantly, Jurassic World?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, a2knet said:

How could it have gone the F4 way?

It's not like Fieg gave the "I had a dream" speech like Trank did before the release.

Or they cut out the 3rd act and replaced it with end credits.

GB seems to be a well received film by audience and critics.

The "kill it with fire" internet trolls who take a disliking to a film and try to kill it. It obviously didn't help that Fantastic Four was shite.

Ghostbusters had so much bad press that it could easily have done under $30m. 

I'm very happy with $46m. 

23 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The "kill it with fire" internet trolls who take a disliking to a film and try to kill it. It obviously didn't help that Fantastic Four was shite.

Ghostbusters had so much bad press that it could easily have done under $30m. 

I'm very happy with $46m. 

Are you referring to the people who quite rightly derided the shitty trailers for Fant4stic as "trolls"? :rolleyes:

That thing was a shit-show from start to finish. Some fans of the franchise were were discerning enough to realize that after watching the trailers and hearing what Trank & co said about their ilill-fated fiasco. Others who weren't quite as bright believed (or pretended to believe) that 4stic would actually be a good movie. I wouldn't dream of calling those suckers trolls. However, they were exceptionally dense. -_-

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

I thought GHOSTBUSTERS was fantastic. One of the best studio summer movies in the last couple of years.

YAY!

It is certainly my favorite film this summer (so far) and...yep...my favorite 2016 release!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Reminder that Jason Bourne opens next week.  What the hell is Universal doing?

When JB surprises at #1 next weekend (not a surprise), every post will say "JESUS CHRIST, THAT'S JASON BOURNE"

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Reminder that Jason Bourne opens next week.  What the hell is Universal doing?

Was sitting next to a theater programmer during my flight delay today. He was trying to figure out how many screens to give to Bourne and how many to Bad Moms. He ended by saying "I will ask my wife if she has any interest in watching Bad Moms" to decide his programming schedule.

• Like 5