Box Office Hit

Flatliners Reboot (Sony) Sept 29 2017 Kiefer Sutherland Ellen Page

The original Flatliners I enjoyed watching. But I have no interest in seeing this because it just looks like something Sony pulled out of the closet and said "HEY, let's dig this resting body out of its grave!" And it shows in these trailers. It doesn't feel like a sequel to Flatliners, but another fuck up from that damn company.

• Like 3

On 9/13/2017 at 8:29 PM, Boxofficerules said:

It doesn't matter how this does at the box office, we're still going to suffer the puns.

Flatliners flatlines at the box office.

Flatliners doesn't quite flatline.

Flatliners avoids flatlining.

😭

Flatliners flatlines as far as critics go, with a big fat 0 score after 29 reviews...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/flatliners_2017

Critics Consensus: Flatliners  falls flat as a horror movie and fails to improve

upon its source material, rendering this reboot dead on arrival.

38 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

It's kind of remarkable how much she fucked up a promising career. There'll be some who say her coming out didn't help, but she just made so many bad film choices post-Inception.

Nah, her career had pretty much faded away even by the time she came out.

• Like 1

Saw it.

Watch the first one. Never watch this one. It's just a cookie cutter horror film with forgettable, boring characters. I think an appropriate headline should be "When will Sony finally Flatline?" Because they really shit the bed with this film. No energy, no passion, and nothing new with this one at all. Annabelle: Creation at least had characters I somewhat cared about. However, in this film, I just wanted them to die (and stay dead). Between this film and Mother!, I'm not sure which one I'd choose to watch if I had a gun pointed to my head.

And why the HELL did Ellen Page take this job?

• Like 1