Box Office Hit

Flatliners Reboot (Sony) Sept 29 2017 Kiefer Sutherland Ellen Page

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

Sony had Don't Breathe last year, now they're back with this?

Warner had San Andreas in 2015, now they're back with Geostorm? Just because a studio had success with a genre in the past, it's doesn't mean that they won't make mistakes anymore. 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The trend of crappy low budget horror movies continues with this movie.

Good to know that will still happen after the successes of Get Out, Split, Annabella Creation and IT.

Next flop horror Happy Death Day upcoming?

$19 million isn't exactly low budget. Say what you will about the quality of the movie but it did not look cheap. 

52 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The trend of crappy low budget horror movies continues with this movie.

Good to know that will still happen after the successes of Get Out, Split, Annabella Creation and IT.

Next flop horror Happy Death Day upcoming?

Are you crazy? HDD has a better shot at surpassing Annabelle's numbers than at flopping.

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Everyone cares so little about Flatliners that the discussion has turned into talking about another movie :rofl:

It helps that the trailer for that other film looks a million times more appealing than the trailers for Flatliners 2.0

• Like 1

Just found out this is a Sony movie. Let’s have a peek at the leaks and see what we can find

• This was who they wanted to cast:

Flatliners - this good a very good read from our junior execs and assistants. I imagine putting it together with Michael B. Jordan, Brie Larson, Dave Franco, Annaleigh Tipton etc... Michael Douglas has been actively involved in developing with Larry and is keen to know next steps. The director of the Norwegian GWDT is attached to direct. 

• They weren't that fussed about the script:

Read it. I wish I were a bigger fan of it. Maybe Oplev's execution can compensate for a script that feels dated (and not just because it's a remake) and a little stock, but I'm not sure even the best version of this movie is something I personally would get excited about. The character arcs feel thin and easy and the guilt/redemptive structure is like that of SAW but the movie is softer. Again, most thriller/horror is all in the execution, but this just doesn't feel that special.

• There was meant to be a Chinese language remake of the original (it never happened):
  • EDIT: There was also meant to be a Telenovela at one point.

Fwd: Flatliners

Just wanted to let you know that the Chinese language version of this movie may be coming together rather quickly.The director is a talented guy.  I've seen his movie.  It's really good and the lead actress, also very good, is adorable and he wants to cast her.This is a very commercial and distinct idea for a market that is largely made up of young people.At under $5mil it could be very profitable.  

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1