Water Bottle

Extended Edition

Stingray gave it a very positive review and Goffe went from 5/10 to 8/10. Having said this, antovolk said the Extended Edition won't change people's opinions all that much. 

If what you hated about the theatrical version was the pacing, story elements and editing, then yes. The ultimate edition fleshes all of that out.

If you hated the characters, their motivations and special effects, then no.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
On 7/16/2016 at 5:22 PM, CJohn said:

Stingray gave it a very positive review and Goffe went from 5/10 to 8/10. Having said this, antovolk said the Extended Edition won't change people's opinions all that much. 

What do you say? :ph34r:

On 16/07/2016 at 7:48 PM, Water Bottle said:

So as someone who really dislikes BvS.....is it worth checking out the extended edition?

it really depends on what you disliked about BvS.

Do you think Snyder's vision is all wrong for these movies, that there are huge problems with the story or how characters are portrayed (e.g Troll Luthor)? Don't bother with EI.

Are you fond of Snyder's aesthetics, but thinks the theatrical version had some story issues that could potentially be fixed through small changes and/or additions? then you should definitely see the extended edition. 

Edited by Goffe

I watched the extended cut yesterday, and I think it's a considerable improvement over the theatrical version. The central problems - the relentlessly dour tone, the fact that it feels like multiple movies are being crammed uncomfortably into one, and the infamous "Martha" twist - are still there, but the new additions and rearranging of scenes from the theatrical cut iron out many of the logistical problems and make the film feel surer-handed as a whole.

I really liked the extended version.  I mostly liked the original, but this definitely makes it better.  However, as some have said, if you didn't like the original cut, this may make it more bearable for you, but odds are it won't sway you too much in a different direction