pretty reckless

All I See Is You (Blake Lively, winter 2016)

Delaying this was the right call. American Assassin is gaining in social media awareness. mother! will entice filmgoers to an extent. It is a smash hit and will have extraordinary legs. This film had an uphill battle, especially with basically no marketing present. Basically, this film would have ended up like 9/11 if they had kept it on that date.

I see nothing wrong with it (except the weird-ass music). 

I think it's fucked up that the circumstances around this film's release weren't aligned in such a way that they would have taken advantage of the momentum from The Shallows.  I can totally see a film like this being marketed by a studio who knows how to market films (say, Warner Bros.) becoming a solid performer.

Then again, who knows? Maybe this will do a 47 Meters Down and surprise us all.

I am rooting for Blake; she is awesome!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I see nothing wrong with it (except the weird-ass music). 

I think it's fucked up that the circumstances around this film's release weren't aligned in such a way that they would have taken advantage of the momentum from The Shallows.  I can totally see a film like this being marketed by a studio who knows how to market films (say, Warner Bros.) becoming a solid performer.

Then again, who knows? Maybe this will do a 47 Meters Down and surprise us all.

I am rooting for Blake; she is awesome!

not if it's only coming on 200+ theatres

12 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Is that teh film's total theater count? :( 

Yea they're giving it a limited release. Unless for some unknown reason it can generate buzz on its own which i highly doubt, its being treated as more of an indie film.

Which makes sense because that's how it was funded anyways. I think Marc Fosters producing company funded the film, then after TIFF, they sold it to Open Road. 

I actually would have liked to see how this film would have done if it had gotten a better marketing push. I mean the trailer was weird but in my opinion effective. 

I think Open Road is sleeping on this. Just like how they slept on Home Again which imo could have done way better had it not had a tragic marketing campaign. 

2 hours ago, Kingp0va said:

Home Again is a crappy rom com with reese w., her public follows her on IG where shr promoted too much anyway

She built her stardom on "crappy romcoms," and Home Again looked like something that could have found a larger audience if it had been better sold.

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Yea they're giving it a limited release. Unless for some unknown reason it can generate buzz on its own which i highly doubt, its being treated as more of an indie film.

Which makes sense because that's how it was funded anyways. I think Marc Fosters producing company funded the film, then after TIFF, they sold it to Open Road. 

I actually would have liked to see how this film would have done if it had gotten a better marketing push. I mean the trailer was weird but in my opinion effective. 

I think Open Road is sleeping on this. Just like how they slept on Home Again which imo could have done way better had it not had a tragic marketing campaign. 

I am praying that this happens. :D 

• Like 2