pretty reckless

All I See Is You (Blake Lively, winter 2016)

2 hours ago, pretty reckless said:

whats hard to understand? blake is household name and jason isnt, the poster should just say BLAKE LIVELY in big

I don't know if I'd call Lively a household name yet. 

Angelina? Yes.

Tom Cruise? Yes.

Meryl? Yes

Trump?

Madonna?

Jennifer Lawrence?

Jennifer Lopez?

Obama?

Oprah?

Yes to all of them.

Blake Lively?
Nah.

I love her...but I don't think she is that well known/recognized.

At least not yet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cochofles said:

I don't know if I'd call Lively a household name yet. 

Angelina? Yes.

Tom Cruise? Yes.

Meryl? Yes

Trump?

Madonna?

Jennifer Lawrence?

Jennifer Lopez?

Obama?

Oprah?

Yes to all of them.

Blake Lively?
Nah.

I love her...but I don't think she is that well known/recognized.

At least not yet.

I think it depends where you look 👀 She's a household name in the fashion industry from what I understand lol But alas this is a box office site. I think within the movie industry itself she's well known not just because of herself but because her mom and dad and practically all her siblings have been in the industry BUT outside of the industry, I would say she's well known to a key demographic and then outside of that most people wouldn't know her name. They'd probably recognize her from a movie though. So a household name definitely not. But I would say if her next few roles do well, she'd end up on the cusp of becoming really well known. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

I think it depends where you look 👀 She's a household name in the fashion industry from what I understand lol But alas this is a box office site. I think within the movie industry itself she's well known not just because of herself but because her mom and dad and practically all her siblings have been in the industry BUT outside of the industry, I would say she's well known to a key demographic and then outside of that most people wouldn't know her name. They'd probably recognize her from a movie though. So a household name definitely not. But I would say if her next few roles do well, she'd end up on the cusp of becoming really well known. 

Awesome points (many of which I had not considered).

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Gossip Girl sort of a mini-Sex-And-The-City-like phenomenon?

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

Awesome points (many of which I had not considered).

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Gossip Girl sort of a mini-Sex-And-The-City-like phenomenon?

Yes. Especially when it aired, the fashion was what they all talked about. There were websites dedicated to what the wore. Blake Lively used gossip girl to get her foot in the door within the fashion industry and she's been a pretty big name in that industry ever since. And because of Netflix, it's actually still popular...again within a particular demographic....hint hint most of whom you'll see on social media ;) 

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yes. Especially when it aired, the fashion was what they all talked about. There were websites dedicated to what the wore. Blake Lively used gossip girl to get her foot in the door within the fashion industry and she's been a pretty big name in that industry ever since. And because of Netflix, it's actually still popular...again within a particular demographic....hint hint most of whom you'll see on social media ;) 

What happened to the other actors on that show?? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nova said:

They didn't form the right connections and/or didn't capitalize on the right opportunities :popcorn:

Like you mentioned, Blake is very popular amonf certain demographics and I think most people recognize her from something. I don't remember any girl in my class who didn't watch Gossip Girl. It faded towards the end, but Blake definitely went for opportunities that gave her more exposure. She also did Sisterhood of Traveling Pants, which is what I first saw her in.

The only other actor from Gossip Girl that I think is deserving of a break is Leighton Meester. Her Blair Waldorf made that show, but unfortunately she ended up doing that Monte Carlo movie while Blake did The Town. And now she's on a TV show I think. Maybe that's what she prefers though... 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Like you mentioned, Blake is very popular amonf certain demographics and I think most people recognize her from something. I don't remember any girl in my class who didn't watch Gossip Girl. It faded towards the end, but Blake definitely went for opportunities that gave her more exposure. She also did Sisterhood of Traveling Pants, which is what I first saw her in.

The only other actor from Gossip Girl that I think is deserving of a break is Leighton Meester. Her Blair Waldorf made that show, but unfortunately she ended up doing that Monte Carlo movie while Blake did The Town. And now she's on a TV show I think. Maybe that's what she prefers though... 

LOL. I'm sure she prefers being on a tv show that just got cancelled because of terrible ratings than headlining hollywood movies, yep

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, pretty reckless said:

or they didnt have the X factor blake has, simple.

Connections go along way. Don't get me wrong I haven't followed Blake's career for that long. It wasn't until The Shallows where I began wanting to see her in more things and then ended up watching her previous work. 

I do think the X factor that you're talking about is that Blake can be very charismatic which definitely goes a long way when you're trying to form connections or heck even establishing a fan base. 

I have watched Leighton Meester in things outside of gossip girl and to be honest, none of those performances made me want to see more. I definitely think she was a great Blair and I do think she's a really good actress but I don't know, I'm just not interested in seeing her in anything. 

57 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Yup. It died down because the writing was truly heinous but it's definitely found a niche cult like fan base because of Netflix. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pretty reckless said:

LOL. I'm sure she prefers being on a tv show that just got cancelled because of terrible ratings than headlining hollywood movies, yep

Oh yikes. Didn't know it got cancelled...

13 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have watched Leighton Meester in things outside of gossip girl and to be honest, none of those performances made me want to see more. I definitely think she was a great Blair and I do think she's a really good actress but I don't know, I'm just not interested in seeing her in anything. 

Yeah I guess that's what it was for Leighton, in that she stood out in one role, but hasn't managed to do so in other roles. Whereas Blake is more memorable in all her roles. 

• Like 1

Connections go nowhere. look at amber heard, megan fox, britt robertson, chloe moretz.... they were all put in starring movies and the public didnt react, no matter what connections u have it doesnt mean you'll do well

i think blake is super charismatic, she isnt even a great beauty but the wayshe carries herself >>>

Edited by pretty reckless