Fancyarcher

Fences - December 16th release, goes wide on Christmas

This will be a hit over Christmas for sure . . Assuming that it's good. Black community will def show up for it and of course Denzel fans and older people. 

I wonder if Denzel can get a  directing nom for this. 

Edited by ban1o

On 2016/9/5 at 0:36 AM, mahnamahna said:

December 2016 is looking overall well-rounded, in terms of quality and BO (except Collateral Beauty and Space Between Us) 

Rogue One: $470 million

Sing: $260 million

La La Land: $175 million

Passengers: $160 Million 

Fences: $110 million

Office Christmas Party: $60 million

A Monster Calls: $55 million 

Gold: $50 million 

Why Him?: $45 million 

Collateral Beauty: $35 million

The Space Between Us: $25 million

LOL  December 2016 is so packed that you even forget there is a 150mil+ movie called Assassin's Creed. This is literally the box office version of Colosseum. Dogs eat dogs. Son, you are in for a show. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Looks damn good, though it looks like they're really trying to push Viola Davis supporting like the rumors suggested, since she's barely in the trailer, and it's all abut Denzel.

Its only a 1 teaser. I bet you that next trailer will be Davis show

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Its only a 1 teaser. I bet you that next trailer will be Davis show

There are reports that Davis (who wants to go leading), and the producer (who wants Davis to go supporting) are having a bit of tug of war. I don't doubt that Davis will have better showcase in the next trailer, but the first trailer is a probably good sign that she's being pushed supporting.

5 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Denzel Washington (Fences) v Will Smith (Collateral Beauty) : Baits for Oscar    #whowillwin    

This isn't a real question though. Collateral Beauty looks ridiculously bad IMHO. I don't think Will is even getting nominated for it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Denzel Washington (Fences) v Will Smith (Collateral Beauty) : Baits for Oscar    #whowillwin    

One movie is from a Pulitzer Prize & Tony Award winning play with lead performers who already won Tonys for their work in a revival.

The other looks like a Nicholas Sparks movie without a soon to be dead love interest.

#notacontest

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The original scene from the play was linked on Reddit, and James Earl Jones is freaking intense in this scene

I actually prefer Denzel's interpretation of this on stage. Earl Jones is a fantastic actor but his intensity made him seem like he was more of an asshole father. Denzel's stage interpretation was more like  a father looking our for their son with tough love. 

Edited by ban1o

39 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The original scene from the play was linked on Reddit, and James Earl Jones is freaking intense in this scene

As great as Denzel is JEJ is another tier. Godly 

His voice and those rhythmic cadences, it's almost like he's in the pulpit. With all that intensity and power there's also this surging emotion underneath that still feels like love.

Edited by TalismanRing