Fancyarcher

Fences - December 16th release, goes wide on Christmas

I thought otherwise. Denzel and Viola have been in the mix forever due to their Tony success and the trailer, and now that people actually watched the movie it's that the I've seen the Picture, Director and Adapted Screenplay hype.

1 hour ago, Kraken said:

I thought otherwise. Denzel and Viola have been in the mix forever due to their Tony success and the trailer, and now that people actually watched the movie it's that the I've seen the Picture, Director and Adapted Screenplay hype.

Correct.  Everyone knew the acting was going to be great, but the reactions the other night were way beyond that.  

• Like 2

I can see this getting 3 acting nods, and possibly 2 wins.  Plus, given that adapted screenplay is weak this year, it should easily get in there.

3 acting nods and an adapted screenplay are all it needs to get a BP nod.

Director is also possible, but I'm leaning on not for that one, as like always, the category is heated with strong competition.

• Like 1

With the current climate in hollywood and all that transpired last year, I won't be shocked if this wins it all. Nate Parker episode blew up and tainted his career and film. Here we have a movie starring two well-respected african american actors and directed by the lead actor himself. Denzel going for the kill.