baumer

Monday numbers | Pets 6.8 Ghostbusters: 4.9

If that number holds for Pets, that's a pretty insane hold and the GB number is in line with a film of it's ilk this time a year as well.

Let's keep the poisoning of the well shit out of these threads guys.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nilephelan said:

Higher.  

Ohhh, so it made the same as IO. I though you meant the Sun-Mon drop. That's awesome then. If it hits 6.9m like IO that means a 40-41% drop. I think it might still beat IO's total.

$5m and I'm happy for Ghostbusters.

If it does +24% Tue, -30% Wed and -8% Thu it'll have a $65.5m week.

The -8% Thursday drop might be generous considering Star Trek previews will hurt.

Edited by Krissykins

Man, I can't wait for Trek and other movies to overshadow Ghostbusters so there's some sanity here. Or, at least, normal discussion regarding daily box office, etc. Jesus lord almighty, folks. It's not "great" and it's not "terrible," it just okay. Good grief. Did you guys expect it to drop under $4M? As in drop more Sunday to Monday than just about anything else this summer?

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 5

Imo 46 million he's actually a really good start for Ghostbusters. If it does manage a 3 multiplier it just needs a decent showing internationally in order for it to be somewhat viable for Sony. I thought it would do under 40 million for the weekend. So I actually think it's on the right track at least domestically.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Seems like a normal drop for GB to me.

10 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yea I'd say normal. Most films fell around 60% last monday.

agreed about it being normal.  That's not a negative against it, it's still doing solid as it always has been.  That's a positive

• Like 1

$6.8 million 

$8.7 million (+28%) 

$6.4 million (-28%) 

$5.8 million (-9%) 

$8.0 million (+40%) 

$10.5 million (+30%) 

$8.2 million (-23%) 

$26.7 million 3rd weekend ($257.8 million 17-day total) 

A sub-50% 3rd weekend drop for Pets would be pretty solid given Ice Age 5 and summer weekdays. $320-350 million should happen. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 2