baumer

Tuesday#s Pets 9.2 GB 6.2 FTF 2.3 The V 1.9

I don't think I'll take Tuesday jump means that pets has a legitimate shot at 400. I think getting past the zootopia is definitely a possibility but 400 Really seems like a pipe dream.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It'll be curious to see how Pets holds with the arrival of a new Ice Age for parents to be tortured with.

I think the biggest impact of IA on Pets will be this weekend with a 50%+ drop. But I also think the following weekends, and up until SS hits, we will see less of an IA impact on Pets. Pete's dragon will impact it maybe more than IA if Pete breaks out. But we'll see. 

23 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I don't think I'll take Tuesday jump means that pets has a legitimate shot at 400. I think getting past the zootopia is definitely a possibility but 400 Really seems like a pipe dream.

I think you're the first person to even mention the $400m possibility.

• Like 1

+35.5% for Pets

+26.5% for Ghostbusters

+34.5% for Dory

+28.4% for Tarzan

(Np mentioned that some of the estimates are off by 100k, but the final % bumps will be still close to these)

I've never seen one Ice Age film. Looking at his history though since the first in '02 it's been a consistent performer. One would think audience drop off would be in play but as yet, it hasn't. 

Has the studio released any tracking? Seems reasonable to expect $35-45m based on history....but what if animated talking animal films has hit a saturation point for audiences at this point?

OW of Ice Age franchise

IA-1:$46m -- 2002

IA-2:$68m -- 2006

IA-3:$41m -- 2009

IA-4:$46m -- 2012

BO has IA5 at 37 and ST3 at 56 in the latest long rage forecast.

For summer that's not huge competition, but 37 + 56  + 12 (Lights Out) = 105 in openers is still something.

I feel DORY and LOT will fall 40%, PETS 45%, GB 55%.

• Like 1