Ethan Hunt

The Edge of Seventeen | Hailee Steinfeld | Moved to November 18

If this is meant to have awards hopes, isn't a move to mid-November a good thing? Strong TIFF reviews, a limited opening that slowly expands and hangs in there until the thick of Oscar season...haven't we seen it play out before? This just doesn't seem like something that starts in 3500 theaters out of the gate. 

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

If this is meant to have awards hopes, isn't a move to mid-November a good thing? Strong TIFF reviews, a limited opening that slowly expands and hangs in there until the thick of Oscar season...haven't we seen it play out before? This just doesn't seem like something that starts in 3500 theaters out of the gate. 

I don't know, it just seems weird that they would put this against Fantastic Beasts? Although that's probably gonna skew older, so who knows.

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

Watched the trailer expecting Stevie Nicks to pop up towards the end. Could they not afford the licensing fee or something?

They used a Beatles cover in the trailer, I doubt money was the issue. It's probably more that whoever put together the trailer figures the target audience for this hasn't heard of Stevie Nicks anyway.

4 hours ago, bapi said:

Reactions are fantastic and some people mentioned 10 Things I Hate About You so can't wait to see it now.

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Consider me surprised by how good reviews are for this. Maybe this could become the next Easy A.

Yup, I'd be down with it.