Ethan Hunt

The Edge of Seventeen | Hailee Steinfeld | Moved to November 18

Oh wow I completely forgot this was rated R lol. What a silly choice in terms of boxoffice potential. And you know I'm sure if they just removed all the f bombs it would be rated PG-13 and you wouldn't lose anything from it. It doesn't seem like the type of film to warrant an R rating. I mean Easy A was Pg-13 lol. 

Yeah it won't make 60 million then. 

Edited by ban1o

"Fast, full-hearted and graced with a beautifully modulated lead turn by Hailee Steinfeld, the movie takes the risk of playing it straight and sincere - and the risk pays off."

"Steinfeld makes Nadine a hellion you can't tear yourself away from. She isn't just the star of "The Edge of Seventeen" - she's its center of gravity."

"But Nadine isn’t defined by self-pity so much as self-loathing, and Steinfeld’s fantastically lived-in performance never forgets the difference."

"Steinfeld’s incredible performance keeps the audience on Nadine’s side. "

"Against all odds, Steinfeld nails it. Even when Nadine is at her most unlikable, she’s always compelling. Steinfeld consistently shows the audience that Nadine is more than a two-dimensional whiny brat."

I'm so glad that my Queen is finally being acclaimed again, it's been 6 years since True Gift after all, it was about time! Golden Globe, here we go!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gumby said:

I really like Steinfeld, but who's the audience for this?

yeah the audience is confusing. I don't see this getting an audience even if it has good reviews. Should have been PG-13 and had more typical teen jokes in the trailer