Ethan Hunt

The Edge of Seventeen | Hailee Steinfeld | Moved to November 18

4 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Says it's rated R for sexual content. Think it's a lot harder to cut that out than language

yeah maybe I'm wrong. I'm just thinking easy A which was literally about a girl who sold herself for sex was PG-13 lol. 

Anyway I'm excited to see it! It looks good. Hope Hailee gets a GG nome and it gives a boost to her career. 

Edited by ban1o

58 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

How much this movie needs to make to Hailee be considered an A-list star? Easy A was the movie that turned Emma Stone into that status, but, it was only decent at B.O, it was much more thanks to the quality of movie and her acting than the numbers itself.

She's not going to be considered an a-list star until she leads more than one bonafide hit. 

16 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I haven't watched the movie yet, but was that rating R really necessary? It clearly killed the potential of the movie, Hailee's fanbase couldn't even watch the movie.

I've said this SO many times lol. But I agree. It would have made double if it was Pg-13! I saw it a few day ago and if they took out the f bombs it could have been PG-13. (this is what I assumed) There was no nudity or anything like that. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I haven't watched the movie yet, but was that rating R really necessary? It clearly killed the potential of the movie, Hailee's fanbase couldn't even watch the movie.

It's really not that racy. I don't think "fuck" is even said more than once? I'm guessing the sext to the bad boy she has a crush on that was all over the marketing is what got it the R, which is stupid.

It kinda boggles the mind that the MPAA thought this was worthy of an R and that the ultraviolent Suicide Squad deserved a PG-13 but the system has been broken for a long time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I've said this SO many times lol. But I agree. It would have made double if it was Pg-13! I saw it a few day ago and if they took out the f bombs it could have been PG-13. (this is what I assumed) There was no nudity or anything like that. 

I see, I thought there were a good reason to it be a rated R movie, especially because it talks about puberty, but if the only reason for this were bad words, then STX is even stupider than I thought.

Really glad they kept the R rating for purposes of not being forced to hold back on content. The movie didn't feel fake as a result.

Still, it's a shame that one of the best movies of the year opened (in wide release) under Norm of the effing North...

Sad that this pretty much bombed. This is an excellent film. A limited release before slowly expanding would have been a better strategy, imo.

Also, PG-13 rating will do wonder for this. It's fucking stupid for a film about puberty to not be able to be watched by well, people undergoing puberty.

Edited by Captain H
  • Like 1

I need to see this considering I've been waiting ever since being blown away by Steinfeld in True Grit for her to deliver another amazing performance and it sounds like she does. Hope she sticks to this path instead of the strange Selena Gomez wannabe pop star route she also seems to be going for. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1