baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

Starting it a bit early.  Previews are on tonight.

Quick update from my theater tonight.

Ice Age sold 10% of the 5 pm show

Star Trek sold 30% of the 7pm IMAX show 

Lights Out sold about half the seats to the 7 pm show....probably about 80 people.

Please remember the rules everyone.  Keep it to the film and the numbers.  Keep the politics out of it.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

STID was 87/72 just so we're clear about where that matches up. How did that go?

I'll take that as you acknowledging that it's better than just "decent," since you avoided the topic.

• Like 1

Just now, 4815162342 said:

I'll take that as you acknowledging that it's better than just "decent," since you avoided the topic.

Numbers, my point was clearly that STID has shown we are likely not seeing much (if any) expansion with this entry despite the good, decent, nice etc reception.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

STID was 87/72 just so we're clear about where that matches up. How did that go?

For STID's legs? Pretty well all things considered.

There was never going to be an expansion from STID's gross, at least domestically. The target is probably around 180-200 million.

Edited by MrPink

20 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I don't know anyone who was expecting Trek to expand. I think flat was the best we could hope for domestically although that wasn't realistic to begin with.

But if they are not expecting/hoping for a bigger gross why are they still making these films for close to 200 million dollars?  Surely grossing 400 million on a 190 million budget isn't hat they are hoping for.

• Like 2