PDC1987

Shin Godzilla | October 11th-18th | FUNimation distributing

Someone shared this image of a possible release date on Facebook:

*Wrapped in spoiler tags because image is fairly big.*

14045582_1024440737664847_24892147003170

Also, a New Mexico theater has the film listed for October 11th through October 20th.

http://www.jeancocteaucinema.com/film/godzilla-resurgence-shin-godzilla/

It appears that Shin Godzilla is looking at a mid-October release in the United States.

Edited by NoobSaibot

Yup, probably getting an official announcement from FUNimation soon and with that the theaters showing it!

Can't wait and would easily do a drive to see this one!

Oh, and to add, Shin Godzilla crossed the $50m blockbuster milestone in Japan last weekend! It really responded to the locals there so will be interesting what people here in the states think of this talky type Godzilla film.

Edited by Cookson

1 hour ago, Cookson said:

Yup, probably getting an official announcement from FUNimation soon and with that the theaters showing it!

Can't wait and would easily do a drive to see this one!

Oh, and to add, Shin Godzilla crossed the $50m blockbuster milestone in Japan last weekend! It really responded to the locals there so will be interesting what people here in the states think of this talky type Godzilla film.

Apparently FUNimation will make the announcement Sept. 9.

http://www.scified.com/news/us-theaters-booking-shin-godzilla-for-october

But with theaters already selling tickets and the poster being revealed now, it wouldn't be surprising if they announce sooner.

I can't see this being dubbed. Subtitled for theatrical release with the dub on the BD.

As far as box office potential, I think it could hit 10m if it gets dragon Ball zs theater amount(almost 1000) which made like 10m last year.

Edited by Cookson

Just watched it here in my country with english subtitles.

The first 2 acts are really really good stuff, with the tension and this feeling of panic/uncertainty.

The joint helicopter/tank/artillery attack is one of the best military battles in the franchise (however one-sided it is). It really presents Godzilla as this unstoppable force.

I feared the govt. meetings would be boring, but I was so wrong. Theyre witty, snappy and very well-done. 

The googly eyes on Godzilla's earlier form in the movie were distracting at first but I just thought they took some getting used to.

The breath scenes are just..wow.

The last act and climax were pretty anticlimactic for me though, plus the last 30 minutes had more iffy cgi if I recall correctly.

Really didnt like how some important scenes where they bombard Godzilla with trains turned out on screen. 

Overall, I liked this not just as a Godzilla film, but as a piece of filmmaking.

3.5/5

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kaijukurt said:

Just watched it here in my country with english subtitles.

The first 2 acts are really really good stuff, with the tension and this feeling of panic/uncertainty.

Reveal hidden contents

I feared the govt. meetings would be boring, but I was so wrong. Theyre witty, snappy and very well-done. 

Hide contents

The googly eyes on Godzilla's earlier form in the movie were distracting at first but I just thought they took some getting used to.

The breath scenes are just..wow.

The last act and climax were pretty anticlimactic for me though, plus the last 30 minutes had more iffy cgi if I recall correctly.

Hide contents

Really didnt like how some important scenes where they bombard Godzilla with trains turned out on screen. 

Overall, I liked this not just as a Godzilla film, but as a piece of filmmaking.

3.5/5

:bravo:

• Like 1