Fullbuster

Mulan | 27th March, 2020 | Live-Action - Disney | Chinese actress Liu Yifei is Mulan

not really feeling the new trailer,looks like not much different with any chineese action movie.maybe "the great wall"can be the floor for DOm box office...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

14 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Cant see this hitting 200 domestic. Definitely dont dont seem to have much interest in the states

I don't see it not doing atleast double of Dumbo. Dumbo was so much weaker pre-release, this gonna do 2x easily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, The Panda said:

This looks the least soulless of the live action Disney films 

Very good and astute observation.

People go see these movies in droves because the more soulless the better.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

That was a great and epic trailer.

If heroines Katniss Everdeen, Carol Danvers, Jyn Erso, Elsa, and Diana Prince easily cross that 400M mark, I don't see why Mulan can't.

Edited by bcf26

Preferred the teaser, which set the bar high, though.

Edited by Elessar

Best Live Action isn't a high bar (despite my love for Cinderella) but fingers crossed cause previews look really epic.

Any chance this gets a PG-13 rating?

Re-watched Curse of the Black Pearl last night and honestly I hope this movie gets a PG-13. Black Pearl was really dark and violent for a Disney movie, but it honestly contributed to the excitement and adventure of the film, and I hope they can someday go back and do a film like that once again. 

• Like 3

The key factor here is: the more epic it looks, does that mean the less of the less of the kids audience this movie will benefit from at the box office? Not saying epic isn't for kids, but it seems that the epic nature is mostly referring to the battles. An epic war movie, even if it's Disney, will naturally appeal more to adults and teenagers than kids, who are a lucrative demo for these live action fairy tales.

Honestly, the instrumental of Reflection was enough for me, in a good way. A little bit of nostalgia, not all of it ever.

• Like 3

“When a Chinese story is told by a so-called non-Chinese person, some people here immediately build up a defensive wall, saying that this is not your story, you don’t have the right to tell it,” said Zheng. “There’s this instant response here that this can’t be authentic.” It’s a spirit she predicts will carry through to Disney’s “Mulan,” manifesting in similarly “very negative and nasty” comments.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/why-farewell-flopped-in-china-awkwafina-tzi-ma-maoyan-1203471209/

This will either make a ton of money in China or flop. 

• Like 2

Love interest is prettier than Mulan. :lol: he must be a Chinese Chalamet. 

Edited by Valonqar

On 1/4/2020 at 9:37 PM, Valonqar said:

Best Live Action isn't a high bar (despite my love for Cinderella) but fingers crossed cause previews look really epic.

Err, Aladdin is the Godfather of Disney Live Action...

• ...wtf 1