Fullbuster

Mulan | Live-Action - Disney | July 24, 2020 | Mulan will save us all!

Stop that . Most movie theaters are not gonna be closed in a few weeks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Correct but I don't think this will be fixed by May. Virus may be calming down but it will impact the global economy for the rest of the year. US till Q4 at least.

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Stop that . Most movie theaters are not gonna be closed in a few weeks

It's not slowing down at all in the US, it is just starting as the response seems to be awful and authorities deny the scale of the problem. Looking at European countries, you can expect tens of thousands of cases in the US in a few weeks. Even if movie theaters don't actually close, many families will avoid them.

Anyway I'll stop discussing the virus here as it is slightly off-topic, except to say that Mulan will probably suffer greatly if it doesn't move.

• Like 3

Wow!! This looks fantastic. Can we atleast discuss how good this movie look? Enough with doom and gloom

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Strong chance most movie theaters will be closed in a few weeks.

That is what one big movie did in China for their New Year release.

No. Just no. Are we still hung up on this?

• Like 1

Song is also very good. 

Loyal, Brave and true? 

• Like 2

Now's the perfect time to sell the streaming rights. I go to the movies a lot and usually want to see it with a sold out crowd for the whole experience but no way I'm gonna bother with that at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 2

There is a coronavirus thread in this forum. Discuss there in detail everyone. 

Please leave this thread for some movie discussion. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

20 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I reported him. Dude is clearly trying to egg people on here.

1 hour ago, nghtvsn said:

Now's the perfect time to sell the streaming rights. I go to the movies a lot and usually want to see it with a sold out crowd for the whole experience but no way I'm gonna bother with that at this point. 

Yeah, Disney is surely sending a movie that is tracking for an almost $100m OW, and has potential to do $1b WW to streamings.

Delaying it to August would rise the marketing cost, but it would bring far more profits than just sending a potential $1b grosser to streamings. 

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Song is also very good. 

Loyal, Brave and true? 

It does looks incredible indeed. I really want it to be a success for several reasons, but especially for opening new doors when it comes to theses lazy adaptations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

While I do agree that people are doing the most here, this movie is intrinsically connected to Covid-19. It's literally impossible to discuss boxoffice without discussing Covid-19 too.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It does looks incredible indeed. I really want it to be a success for several reasons, but especially for opening new doors when it comes to theses lazy adaptations. 

Preach! This looks super epic and like a real movie (unlike most of these lazy adaptations) and the song is lovely. I think it's going to have super strong repeat business. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Yeah, Disney is surely sending a movie that is tracking for an almost $100m OW, and has potential to do $1b WW to streamings.

Delaying it to August would rise the marketing cost, but it would bring far more profits than just sending a potential $1b grosser to streamings. 

Too late to delay. And it won’t do those numbers right now.

I wonder if we'll get a cover of Reflection for the end credits?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if we'll get a cover of Reflection for the end credits?

Most likely

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/christina-aguilera-reveals-she-s-recorded-new-material-for-live-action-mulan

"The live-action Mulan is coming out, by the way. You have to go see it," she told the crowd during her Xperience residency in Las Vegas on Wednesday that before her big revelation. "I recorded a new 'Reflection,' and new material for the movie. So, I’ve been working on that. But this is the original."

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Most likely

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/christina-aguilera-reveals-she-s-recorded-new-material-for-live-action-mulan

"The live-action Mulan is coming out, by the way. You have to go see it," she told the crowd during her Xperience residency in Las Vegas on Wednesday that before her big revelation. "I recorded a new 'Reflection,' and new material for the movie. So, I’ve been working on that. But this is the original."

I'm surprised they didn't get a new singer to sing it like they did with Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. 

I thought I watched a clip of Jessie J singing the song for some reason. She's very popular in China. 

5 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

This is a box office forum,not a fan forum. Discussing the impact the virus might have on Mulan's box office is perfectly legitimate and on topic.

It's not a fan site for the film.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Too late to delay. And it won’t do those numbers right now.

Once Disney signed the contracts with the theaters, they were  legally obligated to release the film on the date in the contracts. Disney would suffer some pretty severe finiancial damages if they didn't. That is the whole point of a legally biding contract;you don't fulfill your end of the contract;you have to pay the other parties damages.

If you want to know when a contract has been signed for the relase of a film it's simple:Presales start. A theater chain is not going to start presales until they know for certain the film will open on a specific date.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1