Fullbuster

Mulan | Live-Action - Disney | July 24, 2020 | Will it go to PVOD?

How can studios set up new release dates without even knowing what's gonna happen to that virus?

What if the situation becomes worse? Are they gonna delay it again and again and again? How's that going to work?

How can studios set up new release dates without even knowing what's gonna happen to that virus?

What if the situation becomes worse? Are they gonna delay it again and again and again? How's that going to work?

The marketplace is too competitive not to announce a new release date. Even if things get moved, like they do any other year, it’s important to mark a spot so that competitors will stay away.

You’re right that studios don’t know what will happen in the next several months but that doesn’t mean things will necessarily get worse. They’re hedging their bets that things will get better. It’s all they can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Can we get back to discussing Mulan? Tired of the doom and gloom.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KJsooner said:

This is a box office forum; so people are interested in numbers and prediction of box office.

How can we ignore the impact on the box office from the Coronavirus?

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

If the situation gets to the point where studios can't reshuffle a schedule, we (and even the studios) have much bigger problems on our hands than when Mulan is going to release. 

42 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If the situation gets to the point where studios can't reshuffle a schedule, we (and even the studios) have much bigger problems on our hands than when Mulan is going to release. 

Yeah,if things get that bad not being able to see a movie will be about the last thing we will be concerned with.

5 hours ago, KJsooner said:

Another person who thinks this is a Mulan fan site instead of a box office discussion page.

• Thanks 1

31/101

Corona will kill it, Spring/Easter will save its face by pushing it over 100M DOM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

Another person who thinks this is a Mulan fan site instead of a box office discussion page.

Doom and gloomers can shove for all I care. I’m ready for this non-event to pass us by. 

Are we up to 100 deaths a day yet??

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

In the US? No...

social media reactions will come on Mar.9 next Monday.

2 hours ago, KJsooner said:

no.the dead so far is old people or people already ill from other sickness.young/fit people can get but the dead rate is so small. 

21 hours ago, KJsooner said:

I see you don't get that where the economics are concerned,it's not the exact number deaths, but how afraid people become that matters.

And that seems to be the big line of the Trump worshippers..

21 hours ago, KJsooner said:

Doom and gloomers can shove for all I care. I’m ready for this non-event to pass us by. 

GOd, you are ignorant.

For what is worth, I am also starting to worry about this movie as well.The Greek Goverment is rumored to be shutting down the theaters across the country.I am aware that a Greece is a small market but what if bigger European and not markets start doing the same?

5 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

For what is worth, I am also starting to worry about this movie as well.The Greek Goverment is rumored to be shutting down the theaters across the country.I am aware that a Greece is a small market but what if bigger European and not markets start doing the same?

Everyone is worried... except Disney. Honestly, no idea what they are thinking.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

No need to worry. Delayed by end of Fri.

As in they will announce it? I doubt it... Presales just started over the weekend in Southeast Asia, US premiere happening tonight; Social media embargo to be lifted this week.

Edited by TigerPaw