DAJK

If they remade the Prequels, who would you want to direct?

For the hypothetical question, I want to see Phantom menace directed by James Cameroon, Attack of the clones by Spielberg and Revenge of the sith Christopher Nolan. I chose this because Cameroon would be the best to set a new universe, Spielberg is great at creating cloned monsters and Nolan can deliver the transition of Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader the best.  

Edited by Ethan99
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ethan99 said:

For the hypothetical question, I want to see Phantom menace directed by James Cameroon, Attack of the clones by Spielberg and Revenge of the sith Christopher Nolan. I chose this because Cameroon would be the best to set a new universe, Spielberg is great at creating cloned monsters and Nolan can deliver the transition of Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader the best.  

That sounds like one franchise that would he all over the fucking place tonally

• Community Manager

This is tough.

For TPM you need a director who can get a good performance from a child. I'm going to go with Shane Black. Shane Levy could also be a good choice.

For AOTC, you need a good action director with some thriller capacity: I think Michael Bay would actually be a decent choice. If not him, Paul Greengass.

For ROTS, I'd say you need a darker director. Bong Joon-Ho

IF the Russo Brothers would do one, I'd actually pick them for ROTS after the fantastic work they did on Civil War.

• Like 1

TPM- Dennis Dugan (More emphasis on the poop jokes and Darth Maul is played by Adam Sandler)

AOTC- Tommy Wiseau (Only the guy who directed the best romance film ever could give this film the justice it deserves)

ROTS- Derek Savage (Cool Cat can play Emperor Palpatine)

I too would like to see Lucas remake his films because he seems to be that man who never is truly satisfied with his products. 

I love the prequels, but if I had to choose co-directors I'd go with 

TPM -- Steven Spielberg

AotC -- Kenneth Brennagh

RotS -- Clint Eastwood....? I don't know.... 

On 16/08/2016 at 9:37 PM, Water Bottle said:

For AOTC, you need a good action director with some thriller capacity: I think Michael Bay would actually be a decent choice. If not him, Paul Greengass.

I don't understand people in this thread, why wouldn't they want Cameron?

On 10/08/2016 at 10:53 AM, Ethan99 said:

or just have Jim do all 3 so Nolan doesn't fucking ruin it

I think ROTS could have been much better as it had a solid story and some really powerful scenes.

It was held down by bad acting and weirdness at times. 

ROTS would be like amazing to terribile within a scene lol 

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

Because they'd want Episodes 1-3 released over a 6 year period and not 20.

you act like Jim hasn't been doing other things, he build a team then manned a submarine to the deepest point in the ocean.

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

you act like Jim hasn't been doing other things, he build a team then manned a submarine to the deepest point in the ocean.

Good for Jim. But contemporary Jim still is an obsessive tinkerer who takes far too long to be a reasonable choice for director of a franchise outing.

• Like 1

Good for Jim. But contemporary Jim still is an obsessive tinkerer who takes far too long to be a reasonable choice for director of a franchise outing.

I took your first response as a quip, but you if you meant it, bare in mind this thread is a hypothetical time constraints are not an issue.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

I took your first response as a quip, but you if you meant it, bare in mind this thread is a hypothetical time constraints are not an issue.

Actually they would be because it presumes the prequels would generally be made with the same relative length of pre/shooting/post.

• Like 1

Actually they would be because it presumes the prequels would generally be made with the same relative length of pre/shooting/post.

You're being pedantic!

People aren't disregarding Jim Cameron because of production time, they're forgetting about him or don't know about him.

Edited by IronJimbo

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You're being pedantic!

People aren't disregarding Jim Cameron because of production time, they're forgetting about him or don't know about him.

I didn't forget about him. I just don't think he'd be a good fit for Star Wars.