WrathOfHan

Thursday Numbers (NOT THE WEEKEND THREAD): Star Trek 4.3M, SLOP 3.7M, Nerve 2.3M

Nerve is going to be the surprise of the summer.  If it manages 40 million that's about 33 million more than I thought it would do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

under 10m weekend with that number

Which means it'll do 16 mill in five days.  More than most thought it would do for its whole run.

And be honest, before it came out, had anyone even given this film a second thought?

• Like 3

When the Nerve preview numbers came in I thought it was going to be another sleeper hit. Now it's just performing above my expectations and considering my expectations were in the shitter for it, that's not saying much. I think $30M domestically is reasonable if it hits $10M for the three day and $16M for the five day. 

21 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Which means it'll do 16 mill in five days.  More than most thought it would do for its whole run.

And be honest, before it came out, had anyone even given this film a second thought?

No but that's probably because not many on here are its target audience or have much interest in an Emma Roberts movie.