MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Someone must've gave Rth nude Gal Gadot photos as tribute for us to get blessed with early Friday numbers.

I hope someone has Margot Robbie photos for next weekend.

Isn't Rth gay, tho? I sent him some godly Henry Cavill photos. :ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Someone must've gave Rth nude Gal Gadot photos as tribute for us to get blessed with early Friday numbers.

I hope someone has Margot Robbie photos for next weekend.

Just use that scene from The Wolf of Wall Street. ;)

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Nah, gotta send him them Jai Courtenay pics :P

I have a few ready for next week :ph34r:

For tomorrow I have some incredible Matt Damon photos :ph34r::ph34r:

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Great Wall looks like the lovechild of Dracula Untold and Warcraft. Sorry Matt, love ya man, but you're facing a potential problem here.

You have to wonder if Universal will cut ties with Tull when the deal ends in a few years. 

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

The marketing for Days of Future Past equally emphasized her. The main takeaway is that the First Class team never had as much clout as the original cast did in the first place (and if it did then DOFP would've made $300M+ instead of barely more than the third movie unadjusted).

The original cast clearly has more clout than the "First Class" cast, but I don't think DOFP would have made over 300M if the "First Class" team did. "The Wolverine" did worse than "Origins" and "First Class" despite being another Wolverine solo movie without any First class players. Assessing a movie by comparing it to previous installments adjusted for inflation might tell an incomplete story. Theatrical attendance has declined over the years with the advent of streaming and big flat screen TVs. To the question of J. Law, I do think MJ, Joy, and XMA collectively imply that she does not sell that many movie tickets with her name alone.

Given that Star Trek also lags STID and ST09, and Bourne is unlikely to beat Ultimatum unadjusted, it seems like an original cast X-Men movie would probably not perform like X2 or X3 adjusted for inflation. It would do definitely do better than first class, but not 300M+.

Edited by superweirdo87
adding
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Breakout hit of the summer is Bad Moms. We have 1 female centric comedy that does it every year. This was the one destined to.

STB is a giant flop.

JB is doing pretty good as expected. People were starving for an old school action flick with a well known lead. Should be a good money maker as the production budget is only 120 million.

Next week is going to be exciting....expecting many records to tumble 

:huh: