MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

Bro...most Denzel movies don't make 100mil. 

They're remarkably consistent, though. With the exception of the indie movies he directs from time to time, Denzel's star power almost guarantees $70 million+ DOM (adjusted for inflation)

Denzel churns out hits regularly and M7 very well could be his biggest hit yet. 

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I was about to say "Matt needs to do more silly comedy" but then I remember the last time he did silly comedy we got Stuck on You I thought, eh, maybe not.

plus the oscar winner for best original song 2004.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Two months ago, the Russo brothers said that the third and fourth Avengers were being retitled in part to clarify that the films would be two separate films rather than one large film split in half.

Looks like they're just gonna re-title the thing. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

all this talk about celebrities opening a movie.  What about Matt Damon?  He just opened a movie past 60 this weekend.  All eyes on Kevin Spacey's Nine Lives next week!

I agree Renner would not have brought in these numbers.  This is a rare case where you DO almost have the 'film with him, without him' scenario.  I'd say he is definitely a draw at least for this franchise.

M7 has a lot of factors that could mean a breakout, it's based on a known title, it's got Denzel and Pratt and it's in a very good slot which Sony has done well in for the last few years. I won't be surprised if it ends breaking the September record. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trifle said:

I agree Renner would not have brought in these numbers.  This is a rare case where you DO almost have the 'film with him, without him' scenario.  I'd say he is definitely a draw at least for this franchise.

Bourne without Damon is a terrifying thing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Infinity War dos will be a TV release without the core cast confirmed

4 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Mockingjay 1 and 2 as well.

And it sounds like it might be the same movie, just with a different title. I guess they figured out that audiences don't like being nickled and dimed for a two-parter.

• Like 2