MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

12 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I wonder if a movie called Allegiant influenced that decision.

Probably. The Russos have been saying they don't want audiences to think this is just one long movie split into two and the title was gonna change regardless. 

But the recent failures of split movies is will probably determine how the second is now marketed. Disney might wanna try making the movies feel more episodic, similar to Star Wars, rather than have the last movie come across more of a complete extension to the previous film. 

EDIT: I know that makes no sense, but studios trying to get away from forcing people to buy tickets to another movie just to get a satisfying conclusion to the previous movie might be something that they're trying to avoid at this point.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

My car is getting serviced this morning.  Only one thing to do. See Jason Bourne again. 

After it's serviced go on a long high speed police chase with it, Bourne style!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I believe that CJohn has passed his curse powers on to me.

The last two movies I have stanned for were Popstar and Star Trek Beyond. :sadben:

CJohn just predicted a $40M+ opening for Pete's Dragon which obviously isn't happening but overall has been close to on the dot recently.

You are officially the new curse of BOT. RIP Nolan's career. Harry Styles' acting career is already dead too.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

goddamn. star trek's run...

don-faints.gif

I was pretty sure it and Bourne were going to cannibalize eachother, I just kinda thought it might go in the other direction.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I believe that CJohn has passed his curse powers on to me.

The last two movies I have stanned for were Popstar and Star Trek Beyond. :sadben:

I AM FREE!!!! Bourne is doing great everywhere. Next is M7 doing 200M B) I need to decide more movies for which I am stanning for now that my curse has passed to another :ph34r:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

CJohn just predicted a $40M+ opening for Pete's Dragon which obviously isn't happening but overall has been close to on the dot recently.

You are officially the new curse of BOT. RIP Nolan's career. Harry Styles' acting career is already dead too.

I'm trying to latch onto Rogue One to break it. That's as safe as it gets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I AM FREE!!!! Bourne is doing great everywhere. Next is M7 doing 200M B) I need to decide more movies for which I am stanning for now that my curse has passed to another :ph34r:

A choir of angels just sang "hallelujah!"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

But what if it does happen? :ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 2

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Bourne kicking Kirk's ass

He sure is this weekend, at least.  I like them both, but when Star Trek turned out to be fun (imho) I just thought it might lower Bournes' OW instead of cratering itself.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Holy Shit!!! 

This movie is still happening? Where's the proof? Where's the evidence?

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Dunkirk will die. :sadben:

• Like 2