zerbs

Stranger Things (Netflix)

Agree with the comments here - season 4 is excellent. Epic, but still grounded in the characters. And the new characters they write continue to be compelling. There have been many incredible moments, and there are still 4 hours worth of story left in the final two episodes. I'm psyched.

I wish Netflix would learn from releasing this season in two parts - it has allowed the hype to build and speculation to abound about the show, in a way that fosters increased interest and cultural impact.

Apparently the only reason for the split was needing more time to finish all of the work on the epic last two episodes - but I think they should strongly consider releasing more of their big shows in parts. They don't have to abandon the binge model completely and release shows weekly - just smaller binges.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

So a sort of middle ground between their all-at-once model and like they do on network TV in Korea.

A network show can be featured on 2 or 3 days of the week there. So it stays in the conversation more, while also not needing a whole week of wait in-between episodes, which can be enough to kill a show's momentum sometimes. More content in a short amount of time, but the wait makes it so people can still have some time to reflect on it and talk about it. A good middle ground I think.

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 1

Plotting has always been a mess on this show. They know everyone will binge it so they've never had the discipline to tell their stories episodically - the credits are placed arbitrarily and seasons feel like a giant, unweildly blobs.

Season 4 is epic for sure. Great finish as well. But the episodes were too long. I hope this does not continue for 5th season. Also at the rate at which this kids are growing(most of them are adults or almost there), they better shoot the 5th season very quickly. That said Duffer brothers have done a brilliant job. This series pretty much stands on its own and that is why its way more popular than anything else. I am sure 5th season will shatter all records as well. and then they will create a spin off for sure. 

• Like 1

Our gal Izzy is joining the Stranger Things family! :wub:

‘Stranger Things’ Stage Play Sets Cast, Opening Date

The production, subtitled 'The First Shadow,' is set to begin previews in November in London.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lifestyle/arts/stranger-things-stage-play-cast-opening-date-london-1235594529/amp/

• Like 1