grim22

Secret Life of Pets 2 | June 7 2019 | Illumination | Dropped more than half from the first movie. Also 14th most profitable movie of 2019

The "Max" trailer is hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it for the first time. All of us did. Last weekend I showed it to some friends (two couples) and they were bursting in laughter. 

I can't even say what I like most. The "is nothing I do enough for you mother" cat, the "nowhere" hamster or the "we start fire" siblings. I still can't. :D

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, reddevil19 said:

Whenever I got the Max trailer in the cinema, it played VERY well with audiences. Big laughs all around, from kids and parents alike. I expect its worldwide opening to be absolutely gigantic.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the WW-gross explodes. The biggest WW-OW for an animated film is The Incredibles 2.

I could see Pets 2 doing bonkers OS-wise despite TS4 going against it.

Here’s the plot for those who are interested:

Terrier Max (Patton Oswalt) is coping with some major life changes. His owner (Ellie Kemper) is now married and has a toddler, Liam. Max is so worried about protecting the boy that he develops a nervous tic. On a family trip to a farm, Max and mutt Duke (Eric Stonestreet) encounter canine-intolerant cows, hostile foxes and a terrifying turkey, all of which only elevates Max's anxiety. Luckily, Max gets some guidance from veteran farm dog Rooster (Harrison Ford, making his animated-film debut), who pushes Max to ditch his neuroses, find his inner alpha, and give Liam a little more freedom.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Here’s the plot for those who are interested:

Terrier Max (Patton Oswalt) is coping with some major life changes. His owner (Ellie Kemper) is now married and has a toddler, Liam. Max is so worried about protecting the boy that he develops a nervous tic. On a family trip to a farm, Max and mutt Duke (Eric Stonestreet) encounter canine-intolerant cows, hostile foxes and a terrifying turkey, all of which only elevates Max's anxiety. Luckily, Max gets some guidance from veteran farm dog Rooster (Harrison Ford, making his animated-film debut), who pushes Max to ditch his neuroses, find his inner alpha, and give Liam a little more freedom.

The trailers made it seem like the movie was going in five different directions but I guess that's the main plot.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2