116 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

9 hours ago, TMP said:

I don't know how anyone can unironically call Redmayne's performance in JA any good. However, Leto in this was career-ending bad. When was the last time an actor was this ridiculed for their role? Arnold as Mr. Freeze?

LOL Are you serious. It's been almost 20 years, and I don't think Arnold has cared.  Arnold is the only who makes it out alive of that film.   He got paid 25 million, said about 25 jokes of different tones, and walked away. I don't think anyone can say Arnold can be ridiculed.  As far as awfulness of that film it goes Chris, Uma, Clueless, Clooney, Unfortunately Pat Hingle, Bane, Jonathan Glover, Arnold.

I'll take Arnold any day over Poison Ivy or TLJ as Two Face, because they give Arnold 2 scenes where he totally could have rocked in that role, the film was just awful.

Leto will walk away completely fine.  Much like Affleck, but I hope they don't They will kill in these roles.

Adapt the game to a film DC, your universe sucks

Edited by Thegun

4 hours ago, Thegun said:

LOL Are you serious. It's been almost 20 years, and I don't think Arnold has cared.  Arnold is the only who makes it out alive of that film.   He got paid 25 million, said about 25 jokes of different tones, and walked away. I don't think anyone can say Arnold can be ridiculed.  As far as awfulness of that film it goes Chris, Uma, Clueless, Clooney, Unfortunately Pat Hingle, Bane, Jonathan Glover, Arnold.

I'll take Arnold any day over Poison Ivy or TLJ as Two Face, because they give Arnold 2 scenes where he totally could have rocked in that role, the film was just awful.

Leto will walk away completely fine.  Much like Affleck, but I hope they don't They will kill in these roles.

Adapt the game to a film DC, your universe sucks

The saddest part is that there's so much potential for greatness, and Leto's been a good actor in the past, but I honestly feel like public reaction's gonna put his character in the back burner for a while; especially since Leto himself seems unhappy with the final cut of the film. Dear god, I hope Wonder Woman is at least good.

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Its bad but I also like all the characters and wanted to have a good time. its a mess though. 

C+ (78/79)

wat did your podcast buddy think? tell da truth

• Like 1

You know for all the flaws BvS had, the action was incredible. Say what you will about how the third act was a big CGI mess, but the title fight and Batman warehouse fight made up for it. SS doesn't have any fucking decent action set piece. Shitty writing, shitty editing, shitty motivation. I can look pass all of that if the action was at least decent. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

wat did your podcast buddy think? tell da truth

I do not know! He's been gone all summer teaching kids acting up north. I just found out what he thinks of June movies. Gotta catch up on the podcast. Gonna reformat it and make it more doable when he gets back. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Three days later and this whole movie has basically become a blur of noise to me. Nothing memorable about it in the slightest.

Pretty much. The only memorable scene for me was the Deadshot  introduction shoot where he is holding his hand dropping bullets and looking at the camera.

Edited by Belakor

Things I liked:

Jai Courtney

Jay Hernandez

The EnchanCara

Will Smith

Margot Robbie

The Mezo-American theme and concept of the villains

The music (obvious though the songs were)

Things I didn't like:

Joel Kinnaman

The Joker

Katana

It's obvious there were multiple creative forces involved, especially in the beginning, where the movie started like three different times (and stylistically different each time). That being said, each of those beginnings were entertaining in their own right; it was just awkward and confusing to have them all. After that, the movie settled into being an agreeably clunky piece of summer entertainment.

I didn't much care for a lot of the extended Joker/Harley flashbacks. In fact, it would've been better to cut most of Leto, maybe just have him show up at the end.

Still, I had fun.

B-

• Like 3

Harley was the $hit. Margot Robbie is such a good pick for Harley Quinn. Will Smith was cool. Viola Davis...the more the better. The movie also has some nice tonal touches. But the narrative is...almost as bad as some of these villains themselves. It does not hold together as a story. Also, a lot of the plotting and storyline is familiar from a lot of the genre. The world is about to end and there is some shiny light in the sky. This sucks in general, but especially because this movie could have been new and different when the genre sorely needed it. The writers did not do that much with their team of villains set up. The aesthetic of the movie is awful. It is ugly, bland, and dark. It looks really bad. The only imaginative color is in the credits. Perhaps, tweens and teens can save this one at the box office. Maybe, DC can be a sort of Transformers or Twilight and rake in profits with pricey bad movies. This villains did not save the day for DC and WB.

C

Edited by superweirdo87
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Things I liked:

Jai Courtney

Jay Hernandez

The EnchanCara

Will Smith

Margot Robbie

The Mezo-American theme and concept of the villains

The music (obvious though the songs were)

Things I didn't like:

Joel Kinnaman

The Joker

Katana

It's obvious there were multiple creative forces involved, especially in the beginning, where the movie started like three different times (and stylistically different each time). That being said, each of those beginnings were entertaining in their own right; it was just awkward and confusing to have them all. After that, the movie settled into being an agreeably clunky piece of summer entertainment.

I didn't much care for a lot of the extended Joker/Harley flashbacks. In fact, it would've been better to cut most of Leto, maybe just have him show up at the end.

Still, I had fun.

B-

Wow you pretty much mirrored my opinion of the film - Will Smith. you even Have Jai Courtney at the top where he should be.

• Like 1

Someone called this "Spotify Squad", and I couldn't agree more. This is a soundtrack in desperate search of a movie to paper around it. Clumsy editing, terribly written characters, muddy action, the worst villain in modern film history, a terrible sense of scope or scale, and confused tone. I'm with Gopher - the character intros were sloppy, but they were fun and stylish. I enjoyed the three different beginnings all well. But everything after that - yeeeeeeeeesh. Characters get zero development, relationships develop for literally no reason, the movie loses track of any tone or plot, and it stumbles its way past the finish like a child playing with action figures. Robbie and Davis do their thing, but in this movie, they only get to do "their thing," and absolutely nothing else. Will Smith was great - the only character with something resembling an arc, and Will Smith still has enough charisma to nearly lift an entire damn movie himself. But this movie is just a fucking mess. A compelling mess, but a mess, like BvS. Two of the most poorly made blockbuster films of modern times. I put them in the same category as Jupiter Ascending. Absolutely inexplicable disasters that you can't take your eyes off of, meaning I'd rather watch them than just a boring Jurassic World type mediocre movie, for what it's worth. 

• Like 3

This is as bad as it gets. There are no redeeming features here. The script is laughable. The SS is hastily put together without a specific threat in mind other than the next superman may be a terrorist. Really. Suddenly, the enchantress goes batshit crazy and whatnot and becomes the convenient villain for Squad to take down.

Leto's Joker is pathetic. His performance is even worse than that of Jessie Eisenberg's Luthor. Thankfully, he doesn't have much screen time. Margo Robbie's Harley didn't do nothing for me and her voice seemed out of place. Will Smith trying to play Big Willie was ok. The action scenes (obviously mostly in the night) are awful. The other side characters were just place fillers.

Enchantress is probably the worst villain ever. What a joke it was. Pacing is all over the place. Usage of some good songs just blows. If Ayer's mission was to show how incompetent he really is, SS is a mega success in that regard.

Rating: D-

• Like 3