116 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

9 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

The Enchantress plot itself almost felt shoehorned in, and was probably added by the WB, considering that David Ayer's original plan was to make a much more smaller 70m budgeted film.

Nopes, Enchantress & bro was Ayer's idea because he has gone on record talking about loving the story from the Ostrander run where they transported people to other dimensions and so decided to make them the main villains despite their obscure status. It's possible he originally envisioned a less CGI-festy and more lower budget James Wan-esque horror take on the characters, but the plot was his idea.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

though a happy pop song being played over footage of Superman's footage, did provide for some unintentional laughs.

I just want to know how the hell people are thinking Rolling Stones' Sympathy for the Devil is a "happy pop song." @CJohn said this too.

• Like 1

I was so very ready for this movie...and very early on, within the first ten minutes, I went. "......Oh it really is edited this way." I think that should have been my first warning.

And for the first thirty minutes, it was okay! I could get with it and was mildly interesting despite the lack of attention on...4.5 people of the Squad.

Then at the 45 minute mark, it turns into 30 minutes of a slog through a city. It felt like I was watching a boring Let's Play of some random shooter with bad guys. And the big problem is, it's not like F4ntastic where I had to really dig deep to see the potential, so much of it was right there, and it felt like someone just hacked it to garbage. I was going to be okay with this cinematic universe move by DC, more so that most people were. "Hey, at least it takes one movie to bring all these people together instead of Marvel's 5? 6?" 

But nope, Marvel had the right idea in that setup. 

Joker was actually okay for me, mainly because he has maybe 10 minutes of screentime, and most of that time he's just walking around. It's when he opens his mouth to say some nonsense like before Harley's Christening I had to mutter "Oh good lord." Besides Katana, Harley (& I wish she had permanently stuck with the accent in the latter half of the movie for the entire thing), and Amanda..I know acting is supposed to look effortless but I felt everyone else phoned it in hardcore. But I guess it's hard to gauge from maybe two minutes of screen time in total for half the cast.

In my Most Anticipated of 2016 list, this sat at #4 and was the only live action film to make it, and it was just dull. I was ... well, more engaged with BvS at least.

D+

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I just want to know how the hell people are thinking Rolling Stones' Sympathy for the Devil is a "happy pop song." @CJohn said this too.

That was the moment I though "fuck this is gonna be all like this isnt it?" and it was. Spotify Squad.

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Which seems kind of perfect for a movie featuring Harley Quinn. Not so perfect for a franchise starter and creating goodwill for a shared cinematic universe however.

Wasn't this a Harley Quinn solo movie anyways? :ph34r:

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus. This movie sounds so goddamn bad.

It's not so much bad (since there are some pretty good moments, plus Smith, Robbie, and Davis are very good with what they're given) as it's just dumb and something that obviously got chopped to death in the editing room. There was definitely potential for a good movie here.

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Can you transform the poll in the version where we can see who voted what, Mods ?

:)

It's set that way, just go to show results and on the right side you'll see numbers with that little head icon. Just click on the numbers and you'll see the names of who voted.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Wait, was Cara voicing Enchantress too or just June. Some of it sounds the same but it was just so garbled I could hardly understand her.

They probably autotuned her voice.

I'm still laughing over how completely misleading this movie's marketing was. It made Enchantress look part of the Suicide Squad and The Joker as the actual villain. The songs were completely out of place and only thrown in to ape Guardians of the Galaxy as well (at least in that movie, the songs felt well-integrated).

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Nopes, Enchantress & bro was Ayer's idea because he has gone on record talking about loving the story from the Ostrander run where they transported people to other dimensions and so decided to make them the main villains despite their obscure status. It's possible he originally envisioned a less CGI-festy and more lower budget James Wan-esque horror take on the characters, but the plot was his idea.

Still doesn't change the fact that The Enchantress felt out of place. They should have either dropped The Enchantress's plot or done something altogether different with the character instead of the CGI fest we got.

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Sympathy For The Devil isn't a happy pop song per say, but it still doesn't feel like the appropriate song to play over footage of Superman's funeral. The overuse of the songs was my biggest problem anyway, since most of them felt out of place.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 3