Fancyarcher

Detroit (Kathryn Bigelow directing) (August 4, 2017)

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'm not sold on it's box office potential either. But damn if it doesn't look great

When the last trailer came out I even saw some black people complaining about it. Some people didn't like they way it depicted Detroit others didn't like the fact that there were no black women in the cast. I don't know if that will matter but usually for a film like this to break out box office wise it needs to connect to black audiences. 

If the reviews are very good though it might help though. Like above 90%.  Then I could see hit possibly being a big hit, John Boyega really channel Denzel to me at times. 

Edited by ban1o

I was dismayed (but not surprised) to see no black women in the first trailer, but I saw some people going "Why doesn't John tell Bigelow to add black women?" 

????

He's the lead in the current ieteriteration of the biggest franchise of all time but he's still a newbie in Hollywood, c'mon.

• Like 1

Just now, Morieris said:

I was dismayed (but not surprised) to see no black women in the first trailer, but I saw some people going "Why doesn't John tell Bigelow to add black women?" 

????

He's the lead in the current ieteriteration of the biggest franchise of all time but he's still a newbie in Hollywood, c'mon.

Yes let him just still down one of the most respected directors in modern Hollywood and tell her how it is :lol:

7 minutes ago, Morieris said:

????

lol john Boyega isn't even that big of a star. He can't tell an academy award winning director what to do. The black women thing is on Bigelow lmao. 

I mean I get that they are apparently focusing on the Algiers Incident specifically but it did kinda look dumb naming a movie "Detroit" and saying it's about the Riots and having no black women in the cast lol. I remember checking the imdb page at time  their were like 2 nameless black women in the cast lol. I noticed this trailer showed a few more glances of black women though lmao. 

I don't know how much of an affect that would have at the boxoffice but my point is I just don't see much hype for it that's all. I still see it being an awards player but awards season is way after the release so it won't be able to help the boxoffice. 

Edited by ban1o

lmao I checked the imdb page and they added WAY more black women to the cast on that page. All those women weren't there before lol. There were literally like 2 who were like rioter #1 and rioter #2 when I checked after the first trailer came out. They probably saw the complaints and decided to edit the page lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

What noms do you think this could get.

Best picture

Best supporting actor 

Best Screenplay

Best Sound Editing/Mixing (I don't know the differencE) 

-Best Director

-Best Original Score

-Best Cinematography

-Best Film Editing

-Best Production Design

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

-Best Director

-Best Original Score

-Best Cinematography

-Best Film Editing

-Best Production Design

that' in addition to what I have right? I'm not sure about BD She got snubbed or Zero Dark Thirty right? 

Edited by ban1o