CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Suicide-Squad-2630.jpg

And here we go. Thank the Squad the wait is over. The big weekend is here and I know we all want to enjoy it together and have a good time. And while the BAN HAMMER will most certainly drop, I am sure most of the time it will be cool and fun to hang around in this thread.

That being said, lets have fun yet be careful. 

DO NOT POST SPOILERS. NOT EVEN SPOILERS UNDER SPOILER TAGS. 

This weekend, posting a spoiler will result in an immediate Box Office Discussion Forum ban. You will not be given a warning. 

This goes for all new releases usually but this is a huge weekend and we will not tolerate any spoilers what so ever for Suicide Squad.

If you wish to discuss the movie with spoilers, feel free to use the Suicide Squad Spoiler Thread HERE.

We're looking forward to a great weekend and we realize the over-excitement (or meltdowns) can cause the thread to go off topic. We will be allowing everyone to post freely as long as the off topic discussions don't go overboard. I understand some of you are addicted to Pokémon GO, wonder about Tele's age, ask themselves how I became a mod or where the fuck is ED nowadays, but please try your best to stick to box office numbers for the weekend. 

Last, but not least we are offering a SPECIAL SUMMER SALE this weekend. Here are the details

• 50% off the monthly Gold Account (instead of $15 it will be $7.50) OR
  • 25% off the yearly Gold Account (instead of $165 it will be $123.75).

Click HERE to visit the BOT STORE!!

The sale starts today and will run until Sunday. Don't miss this chance and upgrade your account! 

Please remember that having a paid account is a donation to keeping this forum around for a long time. We still have the rest of the DCEU and the MCU to go through folks.

Note: We are posting this weekend thread early to make sure everyone reads the guidelines regarding spoilers and also the international release has begun.

Also, to make things clear from the start: This is a weekend numbers thread, and as such, we expect a lot of discussion and comparisons between whatever Suicide Squad numbers are with many other major movies.

Marvel movies are acceptable comps too.

If you want to use IM2, or GotG, or whatever, for a specific box-office comparison -- that is fine and acceptable. However, using Marvel as an excuse to rag on Suicide Squad (or vice versa), is not.

Keep it neutral, and keep it to a numbers discussion, and you'll be fine. If it becomes something other than that, you risk a temporary ban. So, tread lightly, please.

Suicide-Squad-Harley-Quinn.png

• Like 13

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm currently not at home but when I am, I'll change the numbers and the sale will begin.

The prices have been updated and the sale has officially begun!

Just now, Nova said:

Serious question. Should I stay up in hopes of @Rth giving us an update on preview numbers? 

NO.

HE CAN'T....NOT UNTIL TOMORROW

• Like 1

Doesn't mean too much but looking at other recent heavily anticipated films on their Thursday night premiere at my theatre, and comparing their late shows to early shows, here's what Suicide Squad would do for previews at my theatre with respect to other films.

Deadpool - $11.7M

BvS - $27M

Civil War - $13.3M

AoU - $12.1M

TFA - $10.8M

Thinking it ends up with 13M ish, hoping for more. But these Thursday shows don't mean much.

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Doesn't mean too much but looking at other recent heavily anticipated films on their Thursday night premiere at my theatre, and comparing their late shows to early shows, here's what Suicide Squad would do for previews at my theatre with respect to other films.

Deadpool - $11.7M

BvS - $27M

Civil War - $13.3M

AoU - $12.1M

TFA - $10.8M

Thinking it ends up with 13M ish, hoping for more. But these Thursday shows don't mean much.

Why is the BvS so much higher than the other ones lol Or maybe I'm reading these wrong. Could you explain it?