CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, K1stpierre said:

You would know more than me, how is it doing OS? OS could save it (like it does to other crappy big budget films *cough*transformers*cough*)

It broke records everywhere with ODs bigger than both BvS and Civil War in several markets. It dropped like a rock on the following days. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, K1stpierre said:

You would know more than me, how is it doing OS? OS could save it (like it does to other crappy big budget films *cough*transformers*cough*)

It's opened well, but much like domestic, it's crashing and burning in most of the countries it's been released in.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

This studio is afraid of us...We have seen have seen its true face. The silver screens are extended gutters and the gutters are full of darkness and when the popcorn tubs finally turn over, all the ushers will drown. The accumulated filth of all their darkness will foam up about their waists and all the executives and shareholders will look up and shout "Save us!"... and we'll look down and whisper "No."
- Timm and Dini, perhaps.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Isn't a European studio literally gambling its future on that thing?

Holy shit man

Yeah, EuropaCorp is betting everything on it. 

The studio that brought you TRANSPORTER REFUELED and NINE LIVES. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Yeah, EuropaCorp is betting everything on it. 

The studio that brought you TRANSPORTER REFUELED and NINE LIVES. 

Let's dispel with this fiction that Luc Besson doesn't know what he's doing. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

I bet rth is trolling us. Hardcore......I mean that's.......that's the only logical conclusion right?! RIGHT?!?!?! :ohmygod:

Lol, let's hope he's a good troll. :)

I mean, he hasn't given direct numbers or anything like that. He usually gives the tease by showing comics and so on. The whole thing is fishy!

Even if the drop is that high, I guess we should see in the long haul. I still think SS will make a lot of money, despite the drops. Well, let's just wait and see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It broke records everywhere with ODs bigger than both BvS and Civil War in several markets. It dropped like a rock on the following days. 

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

It's opened well, but much like domestic, it's crashing and burning in most of the countries it's been released in.

Damn, thanks for the info guys. I guess this thing is tanking all the way around. So DOM will probably be around 250-270, could even 500WW be at risk? (I think it will get over it, maybe around 600M but you never know).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The DCEU is starting to become the movie franchise equivalent of Smash. That misbegotten NBC series started out promisingly and became the poster child for hatewatching (the season was already in the can so they couldn't fix the problems that the show was heavily criticized for), then when the show came back in a "rebooted" second season that did away with the annoying characters and ignored the first season's cliffhangers, it came back an even worse show than before and the quick downfall came fast because it was obviously un-savable.

What was DCU's promising start?  MoS? :wacko:

9 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, is the drop even confirmed at all?

You doubt the Asgardian?!? Away with you, heathen! :apocalypse:

Spoiler

Okay, it might be possible for the West Coast to save the day.  But it isn't looking likely.  Still, there is hope, I suppose.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

gallery-1470324286-gettyimages-585726700

Seriously, I've been getting concerned for Affleck and his face since the BvS trailer in December.

What's happening to him? The divorce? Surgery? BvS? Jared Leto's antics?

• Like 1