CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, RyneOh1040 said:

the mid 30's number has me WEAK.  i mean SHIT just how bad is this (i'll find out at 240 tomorrow)

It's really hard to describe, like even if you read the entire spoiler thread you're not ready for what a weird ass movie this is

• Like 4

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Ben looks like a mess these days. Just cancel this whole thing and let him out of this, WB. He's gonna die before he's 50 at this rate.

He looked like he jut got off a long bender when he went on Bill Simmons' hbo show and ranted about Tom Brady for 10 minutes. Concerned.

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, didn't MOS have a budget of 225 million ( excluding marketing )? It still made a profit for WB.

I think it's hard to believe that SS might need 800 million to break even. I mean that would be almost 5 times its budget. Something is not right with that.

MOS's reported budget was $225m.  It was rumored higher and if you look at Deadline's inside sourced year end break down for most profitable movies they had it at $258m

Unless we get an official tax credit break down we usually don't know what the budgets really are, just what studios want to report they are. 

This really reminds me of watching TASM2's numbers come in, and that thing was relatively leggy compared to where this seems headed

They had, like, 3 sequels and a Venom movie and a Carnage movie and a Sinister Six movie announced too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

MOS's reported budget was $225m.  It was rumored higher and if you look at Deadline's inside sourced year end break down for most profitable movies they had it at $258m

Unless we get an official tax credit break down we usually don't know what the budgets really are, just what studios want to report they are. 

Yeah, so i guess it's not worth talking about how SS needs 800 million to break even, lol.

Budget could be higher or not. We'll never know.  

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

This really reminds me of watching TASM2's numbers come in, and that thing was relatively leggy compared to where this seems headed

They had, like, 3 sequels and a Venom movie and a Carnage movie and a Sinister Six movie announced too

Don't forget the Blackcat movie too. With Felicity Jones!

6 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

That would be quite a feat. I could see 50's, but below 40? Tha'd make a ballsy club.

What the hell is ballsy about SS dropping to the 50s after a (likely) $125m OW?

I think it'll either do high-30s, low-40s at most.