CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

How the heck are they estimating 135.1? That means a 33m Sunday off of a 37m Saturday compared to a 45m Friday. Why expect such an amazing hold going from Saturday to Sunday? These media sites should refrain from jumping the gun and reporting it doing better than Dory and Deadpool.

They're only reporting estimates given out by WB.  Just like they reported BvS doing $170m so WB could say it was their biggest ever weekend when it wasn't while almost everyone pretty much knew it was overestimated.

• Like 2

Yeah, I need to see those Saturday and Sunday numbers, sounds fishy. Changing my Nine Lives prediction to 5M from 8M had absolutely no effect on my Derby score :lol: I will miss 1k points in the Summer Game but oh well.

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

We never know the real cost of any movie, this is nothing new.

We know quite a bit about some movies:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2015/01/27/disney-reveals-guardians-of-the-galaxy-was-over-budget-at-232-million/#430b38b22f36

"Media giant Walt Disney has revealed that the production cost of last summer’s blockbuster comic book movie Guardians of the Galaxy came to $232.3 million which was “slightly over the agreed budget.”"

I can't find it now but somewhere it says gotg got back 30m in tax inventives making the net budget about 200 even.

Age of ultron:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/87976431-f650-4be0-a9c3-392d676b5514

Page 12 says total spending was 316, incentives of 48m, the net budget 268. That puts it in spitting distance of the 250 that's published.

• Like 2

I am okay with WB propping up the Sat/Sun #'s a bit and siphoning off the week days :ph34r:

It will assuredly drop closer to 25% or so for Sunday unless there was spillover demand for some reason. If Saturday isn't too crazily propped up, I would say we're gonna see more like 65.3 + 38 + 29, so something more like 131.5 - 132 million.

Edited by MrPink

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

West Coast either came through big time in the late shows or there is some fudge going on here. 

Maybe a bit of both.  They needed to bump Sat up a bit if they were going to get in that $135.1m otherwise they'd have to go under a 20% Sun drop. :P

• Like 1