CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

12 minutes ago, trifle said:

I honestly wish they'd leave him dead and reboot him on a separate timeline, origin story on, completely apart from the rest of the DCEU for a while.  They could wait until that version of Superman 'is' Superman in the public consciousness.  Then they can reintroduce them and ignore MOS and BvS. 

At least they would have good and popular Superman movies.

LOL isn't he part of Justice League?

59 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

scott mendelson writes a lot of annoying stuff and he is not as good as predicting as many BOT posters. But, I think this Superman piece is worth reading.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/07/04/the-problem-with-superman-movies-may-be-superman/

I don't really 100% agree with that article a lot, although I will say it is well-written, and I think the author got some of his facts wrong. One thing STAS was actually a really popular show, and got a second season with way more episodes, and weekday airings without Batman, might I add, because of how successful ratings were. Pairing it with TNBA was just a nice extra. I also think audiences could accept Superman nowadays, as long as the film is actually really good, and Superman isn't portrayed in such a negative light.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

On screen junkies, they were coming up with ways to fix things and someone mentioned using the Flash to start a separate timeline lol.

I can see them doing that if WW and JL get the same (bad reviews, Big OW, bad legs) reception MOSBVS, and maybe SS got, but it'd confuse the GA.

27 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Wild Hogs came out before RT's matter, plus it appealed to the older crowd.

RT mattered to me in 2001

Even if the masses weren't aware of RT by 07,  the odds are they saw a bad review in their newspaper. The critics were right. It was silly and stupid but the GA liked it anyway.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I can see them doing that if WW and JL get the same (bad reviews, Big OW, bad legs) reception MOSBVS, and maybe SS got, but it'd confuse the GA.

If the GA liked the resulting movies, the GA wouldn't care, imho.  I was kinda thinking the same thing with Superman.  If NECESSARY good guy Superman could fly to dark Gotham through a wormhole or something.  I'd prefer a straight reboot of at least him, though.

Just now, trifle said:

Did Nine Lives even get a preview number?

No but it was probably minuscule and not in many theaters.  My local multiplex which is showing it didn't even one preview show for it last night and they have previews for almost everything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

RT mattered to me in 2001

Even if the masses weren't aware of RT by 07,  the odds are they saw a bad review in their newspaper. The critics were right. It was silly and stupid but the GA liked it anyway.

Well in 2007 RT was just a website. The older crowd isn't likely to care about reviews at this point anyway.

13 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

I guess if you include the X-Men, possibly. A lot of their characters are only popular now Marvel's made a lot of popular movies very recently.

True, but they do have Spider-Man. I think DC / WB could do the same thing with their own characters and make them really popular, but so far things aren't off to a great start.