CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

17 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Sure, he did it. After spending the whole movie in MoS questioning whether he should use his powers to save people. And then he spent all of BvS looking like saving people was making him miserable, he briefly ran away to the mountains to give Pa Kent some random cameo, before coming back.

Well all of MOS took place over like... 2 days. So... Your argument sucks.

Edited by ChipMunky

7 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Wilkinson's bar scene is my favorite in that movie. He and his accent are awesome. 

Wilkinson's hamminess is good...but this scene is the best

tumblr_m307wxhRdu1r556mmo1_1280.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Alli said:

Proof that RT score doesn't matter for CBM. Teens don't care about reviews

Fwiw my 6pm showing was sold out and there were plenty of families. I think this had interest from everyone but how steep will the drops be is the question. I don't see a multiplier over 2.0.

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

LOL. It took place over years with the flashbacks. ;)

Wait what? You do realize Man of Steel main action takes place in 2 or 3 days, right? Not counting the opening scene and the flashbacks of him as a kid. 

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

20.5 + 44.5 + 46 + 34 (-26%) = 145

That would be awesome. I think it'd about 5 mill too high but I like your projection.

• Community Manager
8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The lesson to be learned this year is that you can't construct a building without laying down a solid foundation first. They must be sweating over Wonder Woman and Justice League right now.

I remember back before BvS came out that despite the mixed reception of MoS and how it wasn't intended to start a cinematic universe, people were really praising DC's method, some arguing it would be better than Marvel's method, of it's cinematic universe. I mean it made little sense business-wise (yes MCU had to take more films before Avengers but it also made more money because it had more films) but creatively people thought DC was being genius.

And while it's been a financial success...

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Right. And he didn't even know who he was until the day before Zod attacked.

His character arc and the theme of the movie do count heavily on the flashbacks.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Wait what? You do realize Man of Steel main action takes place in 2 or 3 days, right? Not counting the opening scene and the flashbacks of him as a kid. 

So I say with the flashbacks it takes place over years, you say discounting the flashbacks it takes 2 or 3 days, and somehow you disagree with me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Deadline also projects $20.7m for Bourne, Bad Moms $13-14m and $6m for Spacey the Cat

That would be a tremendous hold for Bad Moms. I think word-of-mouth is going to power it to an $80-90M total.

Clark Kent. Dumber than a sack of rocks.

Learns as a child he has special powers. Waits a decade. Runs away from home. Randomly helps strangers. Sometimes. But also sometimes destroys their things, because *A*N*G*E*R*.

Still, on the whole, a decent guy. Discovers his alien ancestry. Decides now that he's not sure he should help people. Spends a good chunk of the movie moping. Then helps again. Kinda. Though he's more interested in throwing Zod throw buildings to give a shit about everyone else. Except this hot chick he likes. Finally ends the movie in a good place. Feels like he's got a grasp on who he is again (who he was at the beginning + ZOMG I'm an alien!)

BVS: hmmm, I'm confused about whether I should help people.

:slaphead: 

(And bear in mind, I kinda enjoyed watching both movies. But they're a dumpster fire of lousy characterization).

• Like 18

44 minutes ago, mredman said:

i really don't understand the criticism of Snyder's Cavill Superman. I mean we are in a total different times. The cookey cutter would not work right away we see him and it shouldn't. Kal is a freakin Alien on earth of course he should feel alone and not at home on earth and of course people would question him. "people fear what they don't understand" its such a powerful line from Martha in BvS because its so true. I never ever seen so much deepness in a Marvel movie. Never. And its also pretty damn clear NOW after the events in BvS he will be a more lighter Superman. People of earth now trust him.. They don't question his motives anymore. So of course the next time we see him he will appeal to those that did not like his persona is MoS and BvS.

IDK about you, I but I just want Superman to be "fun." 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think it is. They didn't give it a grade though but if I had to guess id say B+. 

Honestly, I'm only using it as speculation when i talk about its WOM in comparison to BvS. We won't really know how well liked it is or not until we see the type of drop it has next weekend. 

They said the same as BvS which would be a B, like GL and Catwoman

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I remember back before BvS came out that despite the mixed reception of MoS and how it wasn't intended to start a cinematic universe, people were really praising DC's method, some arguing it would be better than Marvel's method, of it's cinematic universe. I mean it made little sense business-wise (yes MCU had to take more films before Avengers but it also made more money because it had more films) but creatively people thought DC was being genius.

And while it's been a financial success...

I remember saying that Snyder shouldn't be back and that it'd be better to have a Batman solo film by Affleck before going for Justice League, with people screaming at me saying that I was wrong andf that just because Marvel did it that way, DC shouldn't do it and BvS was a brilliant move. Yeah. I remember, the internets. 

• Like 1