CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, Water Bottle said:

His character arc and the theme of the movie do count heavily on the flashbacks.

So I say with the flashbacks it takes place over years, you say discounting the flashbacks it takes 2 or 3 days, and somehow you disagree with me.

The flashbacks also show him saving people. Many times. And his dad always telling him he's meant for something greater. Like saving people. And then? He saved people. OMG.

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

That would be awesome. I think it'd about 5 mill too high but I like your projection.

Yes, as long as it stays flat from True Friday, even a Sun drop over 25% can take it to 145m. 300m is very doable then.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They said the same as BvS which would be a B, like GL and Catwoman

I will make no further comment until I see the drops it has throughout the weekend, but thats not exactly good company to be in. 

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

The flashbacks also show him saving people. Many times. And his dad always telling him he's meant for something greater. Like saving people. And then? He saved people. OMG.

Yeah and that's why he questions whether or not to save people in the film. Like seriously, I don't understand why you guys are arguing with me here. That WAS his whole character arc in MoS. That was the whole POINT of the movie. You take that away and your left with a movie without a character arc for Clark Kent. Is that really what you guys want to argue?

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Deadline also projects $20.7m for Bourne, Bad Moms $13-14m and $6m for Spacey the Cat

That would be a 65% drop for Bourne.

22-23m would be 61-63% drop. Considering Deadline can be Deadline, and the number comes higher, it's still falling over 60% easily imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Clark Kent. Dumber than a sack of rocks.

Learns as a child he has special powers. Waits a decade. Runs away from home. Randomly helps strangers. Sometimes. But also sometimes destroys their things, because *A*N*G*E*R*.

Still, on the whole, a decent guy. Discovers his alien ancestry. Decides now that he's not sure he should help people. Spends a good chunk of the movie moping. Then helps again. Kinda. Though he's more interested in throwing Zod throw buildings to give a shit about everyone else. Except this hot chick he likes. Finally ends the movie in a good place. Feels like he's got a grasp on who he is again (who he was at the beginning + ZOMG I'm an alien!)

BVS: hmmm, I'm confused about whether I should help people.

:slaphead: 

(And bear in mind, I kinda enjoyed watching both movies. But they're a dumpster fire of lousy characterization).

He's also a crappy son.  Forget saving his father from a Tornado and making his mother a widow.  He couldn't come home and help with the farm from time to time? Bring in some crops?   Do a paint job?  Fix the roof?   Nope, he comes back and helps destroy the crappy place she works and the next movie she's working in an even crappier place and can't afford hair dye while he has a nice job he's unqualified for at the Daily Planet .

Then again as parents they kind of sucked too with all their lousy paranoid, me-me-me advice .  The Kent character assassination is worse than what is done to Clark.  :angry:

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

Hey, yo!

Captain America just got a little theater boost, making a shot at Hunger Games and IM3 in the domestic charts sort of plausible. 

Nah. It's over. Still good though.

2 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Clark Kent. Dumber than a sack of rocks.

Learns as a child he has special powers. Waits a decade. Runs away from home. Randomly helps strangers. Sometimes. But also sometimes destroys their things, because *A*N*G*E*R*.

Still, on the whole, a decent guy. Discovers his alien ancestry. Decides now that he's not sure he should help people. Spends a good chunk of the movie moping. Then helps again. Kinda. Though he's more interested in throwing Zod throw buildings to give a shit about everyone else. Except this hot chick he likes. Finally ends the movie in a good place. Feels like he's got a grasp on who he is again (who he was at the beginning + ZOMG I'm an alien!)

BVS: hmmm, I'm confused about whether I should help people.

:slaphead: 

(And bear in mind, I kinda enjoyed watching both movies. But they're a dumpster fire of lousy characterization).

Snyder Superman in a nutshell. And people try to fight DC fans that love Superman that hate his take because "you're used to Christopher Reeve's cookie cutter" take on the character. No punk, I'm used to John Byrne's Man of Steel, I'm used to Mark Waid's Birthright, I'm used to GOOD Superman stories with actual character development, stuff you people probably looked on Wikipedia and think you know, but no dudes, you don't. I just can't take anyone that says Superman makes sense in Snyder's films seriously. I can even understand Murderman maiming people and going crazy, but Superman? C'mon. He didn't make sense in MoS, still made no sense in BvS, then he dies. I wasn't sad when he died. I was livid and thinking "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU?". His death was supposed to mean something. We are TOLD that it means something, but I never felt that meant anything other than cues for more slow mo scenes in BvS. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

He's also a crappy son.  Forget saving his father from a Tornado and making his mother a widow.  He couldn't come home and help with the farm from time to time? Bring in some crops?   Do a paint job?  Fix the roof?   Nope, he comes back and helps destroy the crappy place she works and the next movie she's working in an even crappier place and can't afford hair dye while he has a nice job he's unqualified for at the Daily Planet .

Then again as parents they kind of sucked too with all their lousy paranoid, me-me-me advice .  The Kent character assassination is worse than what is done to Clark.  :angry:

:rofl:lol that's hilarious man.

sharing more moments at home with his folks like those than just getting advice would be more pleasant to watch.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2