grim22

Star Trek Beyond and Ghostbusters box office: What Went Wrong

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The marketing was trash but honestly I don't know what they coulda done to get people hyped for STB. A movie with no hook

What are the hooks remaining that Trek can play? Shatner returning (Hemsworth makes no difference whatsoever), the Klingons as the main villains, the Borg as the main villains, the TNG crew showing up randomly, can't think of much else they can do now to differentiate the next movie.

Just now, grim22 said:

What are the hooks remaining that Trek can play? Shatner returning (Hemsworth makes no difference whatsoever), the Klingons as the main villains, the Borg as the main villains, the TNG crew showing up randomly, can't think of much else they can do now to differentiate the next movie.

I don't know that there are any. There's a reason Trek movies didn't have monstrous budgets back in the old days

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

All you guys in the STB thread were hyping up that second trailer and I said it just looked like a repeat of the last two movies. Got some pushback

Second trailer was good but it came out too late and barely got any views and traction 

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

All you guys in the STB thread were hyping up that second trailer and I said it just looked like a repeat of the last two movies. Got some pushback

Alright beat yo street ass Chewy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I don't know that there are any. There's a reason Trek movies didn't have monstrous budgets back in the old days

The obvious one was Khan, which Paramount marketing and JJ mystery box pissed away with the entire "He is John Harrison" nonsense for STID.

Just now, MrPink said:

Alright beat yo street ass Chewy.

I liked the movie. But this is a franchise that's cratering dom and hasn't picked up any momentum OS. Lin needs to get himself one of them funnybook gigs

My man Hems delivering another patented Hemsbomb ain't gonna help

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

I liked the movie. But this is a franchise that's cratering dom and hasn't picked up any momentum OS. Lin needs to get himself one of them funnybook gigs

My man Hems delivering another patented Hemsbomb ain't gonna help

I AM VULNERABLE RIGHT NOW CHEWY AND I DON'T NEED TO HEAR THE TRUTH

1-The-Other-Guys-quotes.gif

• Like 5

Just now, Chewy said:

Man Imma die laughing if they try to revitalize this with young versions of PStew and the gang. Audiences don't care

James McAvoy needs a job :sadben:

I also nominate Stan Rizzo for Riker because he has BEST beard based off of Mad Men

Edited by MrPink

I like it the way it is, but it clearly has to be reintroduced overseas.  Here, it needs to timed better and marketed competently, imho.  I'm not a 'Trekkie' I just like the movies 09 on.  I think other GA would if they were introduced properly.  There are so many mid level action movies I think it was lost in the shuffle, but I also blame them for letting it get lost in the shuffle.

• Like 1