baumer

Wed#s SS 9.81 Guru....many soft drops for a Wednesday....Jesus Christ, that's a soft drop for Bourne, Sexy Legs for Moms, Pets -28% from last week and going for IO, FTSBF less than 10% drop....no sign of THE V

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well, it's not like you see this:

EJgKtYD.png

When a Marvel movie begins.

haha not like you see this either

5773909854_fdcc4f7f0c_b.jpg

BV was setup in about the 50's to handle the distribution of all the various Disney companies for  Theatrical, home ent and TV it was dropped  around 2007 and everything was just renamed Disney for distribution , BOM is the only place can recall that hasn't transitioned the distribution name

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I just saw Tarzan and my theater was panicking because their credit card readers are all down and "Sausage Party is a hard hard R" their quote not mine. Seriously here

DMZ5JSEh.jpg

How does policing that work for people who buy on line?  The person with the bar code reader checks ID while people are waiting to enter the theater?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Btw Tarzan deserves its 3x multiplier. Like legitimately I was surprised it's one of the best of the summer despite some glaring issues

I will eat crow for every comment in its original thread gladly

It was a stunning movie. I only don't agree with the multiplier because better movies had done worst, but I'm glad it did very well and exceeded everyone's expectations.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, trifle said:

How does policing that work for people who buy on line?  The person with the bar code reader checks ID while people are waiting to enter the theater?

Or better yet how does that policing work for those who watch the movie online pirated?

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Or better yet how does that policing work for those who watch the movie online pirated?

Pirated or licensed, once it hits the internet and DVDs there's no real policing it unless parents have strict parental controls on their computers or something (and I'm sure every kid has a friend whose parents aren't strict.)  But that isn't the movie theater's problem.

1 hour ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Could you explain this to me? Are you taking the stance that Nine Lives has better word of mouth? Or are you commenting on how little variance there is for movies that don't make any money?

I was making a joke. I hope no one actually took my comment seriously...

8 minutes ago, trifle said:

Pirated or licensed, once it hits the internet and DVDs there's no real policing it unless parents have strict parental controls on their computers or something (and I'm sure every kid has a friend whose parents aren't strict.)  But that isn't the movie theater's problem.

I think things like this always comes back to the parents / guardians because kids will always find away to circumvent these rules whether it is fake ID's, sneaking into theaters, watching the movies online pirated and even using credit cards to purchase tickets online to these movies they aren't allowed to be watching in the first place due to age restrictions. The parents ends up being the ultimate police in the end which just makes the social responsibility of the theaters sort of a formality than anything else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

I think things like this always comes back to the parents / guardians because kids will always find away to circumvent these rules whether it is fake ID's, sneaking into theaters, watching the movies online pirated and even using credit cards to purchase tickets online to these movies they aren't allowed to be watching in the first place due to age restrictions. The parents ends up being the ultimate police in the end which just makes the social responsibility of the theaters sort of a formality than anything else.

Mine was originally a joke/rhetorical question, but I agree with you when it comes down to it.

6 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Yeah, I was just wondering which joke. Suicide Squad, Nine Lives, or both?

The fact that Nine Lives has had better drops. I was being sarcastic because from what I've heard that film is fucking awful 

36 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Those theaters are wisely covering their asses from stupid parents that take their kids to Sausage Party.

Covering their asses? The film is rated-R. The theaters won't get into trouble for parents being fucking ignorant.

14 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Covering their asses? The film is rated-R. The theaters won't get into trouble for parents being fucking ignorant.

A number of R rated movies are 'barely' R.  I think I read that SS was going to be R but they changed something (it might have been another film.)  This, on the other hand, was going to be NC17 if they didn't change something.  Parents thinking it just has stronger language or something, or is basically what is shown in trailers (which are PG) could be surprised.  But I agree; if you take a young kid to an R movie you should do your homework.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trifle said:

A number of R rated movies are 'barely' R.  I think I read that SS was going to be R but they changed something (it might have been another film.)  This, on the other hand, was going to be NC17 if they didn't change something.  Parents thinking it just has stronger language or something, or is basically what is shown in trailers (which are PG) could be surprised.  But I agree; if you take a young kid to an R movie you should do your homework.

Reminds me of the parents who took their kids to see Deadpool and were mad because it's a super hero movie and it should be for kids. Like shut up. It's rated R. You're kid wouldn't be able to watch it unless your ass brought them to the theater. Although in this case why are you taking your kid to see a film called Sausage Party? The name of the film should give it all away.....

• Like 2