baumer

Wed#s SS 9.81 Guru....many soft drops for a Wednesday....Jesus Christ, that's a soft drop for Bourne, Sexy Legs for Moms, Pets -28% from last week and going for IO, FTSBF less than 10% drop....no sign of THE V

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Guardians of the Galaxy fell 13.4% on Thursday and it was #1 for its second weekend. Not really seeing your point.

I think that Suicide Squad's 2nd weekend will be above $40m, though.

And that was because TMNT opened to 65 million. 

Not really seeing yours either.

Even if it does drop 12% it'll make 50 mill this weekend.

6 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

And that was because TMNT opened to 65 million. 

Not really seeing yours either.

Even if it does drop 12% it'll make 50 mill this weekend.

Sorry about that mistake.

A better example would be Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation which fell 13.3% on Thursday and actually was #1 on its second weekend.

Point is, Suicide Squad is dropping at least 10% on Thursday.

Edited by cannastop

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

I don't know why we keep comparing this movie to Gotg. I mean honestly it's been my favorite DCCU film, but it isn't as well liked and won't have nearly the same wom. I see around 280-300 mil.

Because of this if nothing else

A-Both Aug openers

B-Both comic book films

C-First in a potential franchise for both

D-Is a few films removed from the start of respective connecting movie-verses

• Like 1

Yes will Nation did fall about 10%. And I agree that could be the number. But the later you get into August and as we know some schools are back now the more the Friday numbers start going up in terms of percentages. Last your Fantastic Four went up 75% on Friday. I could see this one doing the same thing. So 50 million should be quite simple to have this weekend. But this is the last thing I'm going to say on it for the rest of the day. You guys can spend the rest of the day convincing everybody that is going to d 42  mill this weekend and that's fine. But in my opinion you are wrong. But we will have to wait about another 36 hours or so before we start getting the first Friday numbers. Until then have fun the rest of the day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I don't know why we keep comparing this movie to Gotg. I mean honestly it's been my favorite DCCU film, but it isn't as well liked and won't have nearly the same wom. I see around 280-300 mil.

Same general release date, same demographic. Excellent reason to compare the two movies.

4 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Why wouldn't we? Its the only other example we have to compare it to. We cant compare it to other films like Deadpool, BvS or CW. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

It's called wishful thinking.

I don't pull numbers out of my ass and I don't make things up. I usually spend about 20 or 30 minutes looking at historical data. You should try doing the same thing. Just go to Box Office Mojo and check out what other films have done on the second weekend in August.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Yeah, it is sinking 65% this weekend. It won't surprise me if it follows Man of Steel's run. 

Holy shit I can't believe it might be true. Also although SS will most likely remain number 1 for the weekend, Sausage Party might steal some of the crowd and might have a shot at over-performing expectation.